The 2 under 2 discussion thread - **labour arrangements**

Hey Ellie,

I won't be having 2 under 2 obv so hope people don't mind me barging in, but I have one 2 year old so can give some insight on the walking issue, we're TTC now and will not be buying a double, when I'm on my own I will wear the baby and Ruby will walk or go in a single pushchair. (or, if she chooses, I can wear her and the baby can go in pram.)

However - now, at 24m, Ruby can't be relied upon to walk consistently. She does get tired, and some days she doesn't want to walk at all. Some days she'll walk for ages, but like I said, can't be relied upon, and you would need to rely on it if you were to avoid buying either a double OR a sling / carrier.

Personally I'd have thought that you'd get a lot of use out of a double if your oldest is only 22m. Unless you rarely go out without daddy, in which case like you said he can carry Anna :)

My two year old is the same! Sometimes he can walk for half an hour, sometimes five minutes. I know all toddlers aren't the same but personally I'd get a double pram. If you get your toddler more used to walking, you could always consider getting a buggy board which is our next plan?

Don't get Silvercross Pop Duo though ladies, thats what I have and its a right fiddle to get the babies fastened in and if my monster is having a paddy its especially difficult to fasten him or my little elf in.

My friend has a safety first tandem and that seems brill, they're in Toys R Us for about £150.

I've ordered the Baby Jogger City Select, although Dario has been walking since 9 months I still think he'll need a pram. I did look at the Icandy peach but the seats seemed really small.
New baby will use Dario's old car seat as he is now in a new 9 months + seat.

I'm sure thats the one I spotted the other day. Are you going to use it with a car seat?

I've ordered the carrycot so I'll probably use that most of the time. This might change when baby arrives cause the pram is very long when the carrycot is on and the car seat might be more practical.

Hey Ellie,

I won't be having 2 under 2 obv so hope people don't mind me barging in, but I have one 2 year old so can give some insight on the walking issue, we're TTC now and will not be buying a double, when I'm on my own I will wear the baby and Ruby will walk or go in a single pushchair. (or, if she chooses, I can wear her and the baby can go in pram.)

However - now, at 24m, Ruby can't be relied upon to walk consistently. She does get tired, and some days she doesn't want to walk at all. Some days she'll walk for ages, but like I said, can't be relied upon, and you would need to rely on it if you were to avoid buying either a double OR a sling / carrier.

Personally I'd have thought that you'd get a lot of use out of a double if your oldest is only 22m. Unless you rarely go out without daddy, in which case like you said he can carry Anna :)

My two year old is the same! Sometimes he can walk for half an hour, sometimes five minutes. I know all toddlers aren't the same but personally I'd get a double pram. If you get your toddler more used to walking, you could always consider getting a buggy board which is our next plan?

Don't get Silvercross Pop Duo though ladies, thats what I have and its a right fiddle to get the babies fastened in and if my monster is having a paddy its especially difficult to fasten him or my little elf in.

My friend has a safety first tandem and that seems brill, they're in Toys R Us for about £150.

Damn it this is what I have :dohh:

Great thread :) I'm a mum to Henry who will be 20 months when baby no.2 arrives in September...

Been looking at double prams a lot and am in love with the First Wheels City Twin but theres no way it'll fit in the back of our car. I like the theory of the Phil and Teds tandem but I'm really not convinced about having a newborn so close to the floor.

My husband seems to think Henry will be walking confidently by the time the new baby is here... think hes in la-la-land! Still, I suppose I could carry the new baby in a sling for a fair while. Haven't ever done that before!

Carseats are easy.. Henry is in his 9 months + one so the new baby can have his old one that goes with the travel system.

The first wheels is big. It takes up all of my skoda fabria estate boot.

We have this one, it is the Mountain Buggy Urban Duo. It's the same idea as the First Wheels City Twin. I wanted a twin as I like the idea of them both being side by side rather than one being tucked underneath. I love the idea of having the detachable carrycot so if we arrive somewhere and George is sleeping I can carry him in without waking him. The setas recline completely flat for naps too and it is light and good for offroad as there are lots of rural walks where we live.

The down side is that it is quite wide (although narrow for a double) and as I live in a smallish town some shops will be out. It doesn't fit a car seat but while I am on maternity leave most of things we do are in town and I will walk everywhere. It's bulky for the car but will fit in the back of my Kia Rio.

If I had bought the whole kit new (it came with raincovers, 2 carrycots, cosytoes, parasol etc) it would have been almost £900 but we got it secondhand for £150! They seem to go for more than that on ebay so I reckon we will easily get our money back a few months down the line if I decide to trade it in when George is out of the carrycot. I really liked the Jane POwertwin but didn't like the fact it didn't have a carrycot for when he's little.

Attachments

• tn_pushchair.jpg
    tn_pushchair.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 70
I have got the jane powertwin its lightweight and narrow. seems good so far x

Hello ladies; I need a tandem buggy; so it fits through narrow doorways (loads of skinny doorways over here). I've been looking at the Phil & Teds Sport, which I love. Trouble is here we can't try before we buy, because everything's shipped in to order. There is a Toys R Us in Spain, but they only stock local brands that I don't know. I want something I know has a good reputation; and they don't seem to have any tandems; just the regular side-by-side ones. If I see someone with a P&TS I have to stop them in the street and ask their opinions on it, lol.

Also looking at the OBaby Xi, but never seen anyone with it :shrug:

Hello ladies; I need a tandem buggy; so it fits through narrow doorways (loads of skinny doorways over here). I've been looking at the Phil & Teds Sport, which I love. Trouble is here we can't try before we buy, because everything's shipped in to order. There is a Toys R Us in Spain, but they only stock local brands that I don't know. I want something I know has a good reputation; and they don't seem to have any tandems; just the regular side-by-side ones. If I see someone with a P&TS I have to stop them in the street and ask their opinions on it, lol.

Also looking at the OBaby Xi, but never seen anyone with it :shrug:

Ive only heard good things about the P&T. I'm looking at the Obaby too but noone has mentioned it, and I've not seen one around x

My sister also has two under two (well two under one at one point) and she has a Phil & Ted's and swears by it. She also got hers second hand too for a tidy sum on ebay.

Sorry about the Silvercross duo (useless for getting the shopping underneath too as not enough space and if LO's are sleeping you have to sit them up to put the shopping in underneath), I've been begging OH to get the safety first tandem, I've seen about 3/4 out on my travels with ladies with two under two and as I said my friend has one too!

I wanted a side by side too rather than a tandem originally as I wanted them sat side by side but they are that little bit bigger than a normal sized pram but smaller for your LO sitting IYKWIM? I struggle getting it through some doors and getting through some bollards is just never going to happen!!

I wanted a side by side too rather than a tandem originally as I wanted them sat side by side but they are that little bit bigger than a normal sized pram but smaller for your LO sitting IYKWIM? I struggle getting it through some doors and getting through some bollards is just never going to happen!!

We do a LOT of shopping so a side by side, I just can't even contemplate

I have got myself a phil and teds. The Obabys are similar but alot heavier x

Hi ladies - can I join please?

Great thread chele.

So for those that don't know me, I'm Laura, 26. Mummy to Amy who is just over 13 months now and currently at 8+6 with number 2.

With regards to a pram, I'm still unsure what to do. My OH is completely convinced we won't need a double as Amy is walking pretty well now. But I think otherwise. Going to probably leave it to about 6/7 months to see how amy is.

I've heard loads of good things about the P&T, so I would say it is a safe buy. :thumbup:

Thanks for the info on the Phil & Teds :) I went into a shop today and fell in love with the Baby Jogger City Mini Double (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Jogge...YO22/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1304955319&sr=1-2), especially with the easy fold mechanism :shock: :thumbup:

Has anyone heard good or bad reviews about these? They come as a single too, if that helps.

I think I'm more confused than ever :wacko:

I too love the baby jogger twin its so light and easy to push even with just Daisy in it :)

We went to Kiddicare and tried it out, they had it on offer for £250 to buy that day - never in my life have I wished I had that much money there and then :dohh:

Here's a pic of Daisy in it, shes 15 months and 21lbs so you have an idea of her size
Photo4923.jpg

Thanks for the info on the Phil & Teds :) I went into a shop today and fell in love with the Baby Jogger City Mini Double (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Jogge...YO22/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1304955319&sr=1-2), especially with the easy fold mechanism :shock: :thumbup:

Has anyone heard good or bad reviews about these? They come as a single too, if that helps.

Thats the 1 i think im getting its the
only one i like so far!

£250! I would have sold my belongings for it! It's over £400 here :wacko: (they have to pay for it to be shipped over and then pay import duty on it, aswell as adding their own profit). OH was saying we should ask the shop if they do a gradual payment scheme, because we just can't afford a massive payout like that. They were showing me their catalogue, but this is one of the cheaper ones; the average cost of the ones they sell are upwards of £600 :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->