The 2 under 2 discussion thread - **labour arrangements**

Evie slept in with us til she was 9 months, in a cotbed set up in a co-sleeper arrangement (side taken off and butted against our bed.)
This one will be in with us in a cot set up in the same way til she's sleeping through. Then they will share a room.

Amy went into her own room at about 5 1/2 months after she outgrew her crib and as we had no space in our room for her cot she had to go into her own room.

The new bambino will stay in with us as long as they fit into the crib. After that they will be moved into their own room. At that stage Amy should be able to be in a big girl bed, so I will use her cotbed for the baby.

If we are having a girl I think we will decorate our bigger double room and eventually put both girls in there.

If we're having a boy, I would ideally like him and Amy to have their own room. However Amy is in the box room now, it is all decorated for her. So do I put the boy into the bigger double room - or into the box room and redecorate both rooms? :shrug:

I had 2 under 2 when EJ was born Nate was 21 months and EJ will be 20 months when this one is born,
with EJ he was in our room from day one partly co-sleeping partly in his crib, we moved Nate at 18 months to his own room into a toddler bed,
currently both boys share a room we do have to however move EJ out of the cot as we will need it for the baby so will have them both in toddler beds as the rooms not big enough for 2 singles lol.

Pushchairs , i decided to babywear and would put one or other of them in the pushchair when we went out depending on who was sleeping ( ie if EJ was asleep in his carseat then it would go on the base and id wear Nate. we got a double in the end off freecycle caus i didnt think i would be using it very long :dohh: which is now dying a slow death so we are going to get the Graco Stadium Duo ( ive seen it in person and yes its big but its the only one that will hold EJ at already 30lbs lol and in reality either kid can go in either seat after the first 6 months )

no idea what we will do with beds once this baby is sleeping through and we want our room back lol we have a 2 bed house so will probably have to move as the second room isnt big enough for 3 lol and if this ones a girl we dont want to really make her share with her brothers lol

Duck was out of our room within the first 2 weeks!! He was so loud, I never would have gotten any sleep! :rofl: Kid snores, grunts, moans, etc...every sound had me jerking awake! Lol! Will likely put new LO in own room in crib straight off...or in Moses basket near our bed for convenience of bfing for first little while, but prob not too long. Duck will stay in his crib, as at 18 mo he won't be big enough to move to a toddler bed. So LO will need their own crib, but that's okay bc Duck's converts to a toddler bed and then a headboard for a double bed, so we would have maybe bought another crib anyhow.

Oh dear, 2 kids in cribs, 2 kids in diapers, 2 kids in high chairs, 2 kids in the stroller...feeling overwhelmed again!! Yikes!

Abigail was in with us for the first 6 months, first of all in a moses basket and then in a cot. George is in with us in the moses basket at the moment, but what happens next is a bit tricky;
We were hoping that we would move Abigail into a big bed in a new room (currently the spare room) in about three months time, then George can have the cot and move into her old room with it when he is 6 months old. The problem is, Gierge is so long, I think he is only going to manage a few more weeks in the moses basket, and I am not sure Abigail is ready for the big bed yet. I don't want her to have too much cahnge too soon after George is born. Maybe we might try to move her into the big bed in her current room and see how it goes, especially as I can't see us having time to decorate the spare room for her in the next few weeks!
If she doesn't take to the big bed yet, I will try to pick up a cheap cot for George at the carboot and just buy a new mattress and then they can both be in cots for a while, and she can move when he is 6 months old.
Phew! A lot to think about!

Hiya!

Zoe slept in the room with me until she was 7 months and then she moved to her own room. She co-slept with me till about 3 months and then moved her to a cot...

Now with this one.. I think we will share same room too for 6 months and then he / she will then share with zoe in her room.. we do have another room but its more like a loft which is our spare room.. so I dont know if we will eventually turn that into the baby's room. we will see..l but I think we will definitely buy another cot as zoe will only be 19 months when this one born.. so I doubt she will be ready for big bed.. we also have a moses basket but zoe hated hers so not sure of this baby will like it either.. so not sure will even try but we will see..

is anyone elses toddler a bad sleeper. im so worried how i ll cope when im up all night with them both

is anyone elses toddler a bad sleeper. im so worried how i ll cope when im up all night with them both

My dd still wakes up 2 or 3 times a night, she gets in with us about 3am and has to have a bottle to get her back off. I dread to think what the next few months will be like- I'm just hoping lo is going to be a good sleeper!

We're moving Daisy into the biggest bedroom then having her room for the new baby. She only has a cot so we have ordered a cotbed for this baby so we only have to buy the one mattress until Daisy needs a toddler bed.

This baby will be in our room for at least 6 months and he will sleep downstairs in a moses basket that I'll keep in the playpen for day naps, then we only have the issue of Daisy throwing things over it :dohh: but she wont be able to tip him over.

x

im glad im not the only one, at least we can keep each other sane and support each other through the serious lack of sleep.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm never sleeping again :coffee: Evie wakes at least once but more likely 2-3 times of a night and still has 1 bottle overnight :wacko:

Dario is still up at least once during the night. Some nights he won't go down till after 9 pm and is up for the day between 5 and 6.30 am.
I dread to think what it's going to be like when the new baby arrives.:wacko:

I'm dreading going back to the sleepless nights, Daisy hasnt had a night feed for such a long time - probably 4/5 months old, its gunna be soooo hard :sleep:

We need a 2 under 2 sleepless night support thread lol.

I'm lucky that James is still going to nursery (I went back to work so I am still entitled to tax credits towards childcare) so at least on those days I can sleep when tiny sleeps!

Hello :wave:

Just got my BFP. Eloïse will be 21 months when #2 is born.

Regards sleeping, we have a two bedroom house. Eloïse slept in with us until 6 months (co-sleeping for the first 8 weeks, then into her moses basket, then her cot at 3 months). I plan to do the same for #2, except I won't put them into the room with Eloïse until they sleep through.

Eloïse has a cot, so #2 will have that off her. I will probably buy a toddler bed for Eloïse with a guard.

Eventually they'll have to have bunkbeds, unless we're fortunate enough to be able to sell up and move.

Hi ladies, I have just been through 2 under 2 and now will do it again with this pregnancy. DD1 was 19 months when dd2 was born and dd2 will be 20 months when #3 comes along.

I enjoyed having 2 under 2 it was hard for first three months (but enjoyable) It's so lovely now that they are both a bit older and interact with each other more and more every day.

wishing everyone happy and healthy 9 months

Hi Ladies,
Just found this thread so thought I would say hi. I am nearly 10wks at the moment with a surprise bub. I had been planning on a 2-3yr age gap with a summer baby but it seems we are going to have an 18month age gap and an xmas baby??!! Oh, well - At least there is a good chance they will be able to amuse each other when they are both a bit older!
Still doesn't seem like it's really happening yet - think when I have a scan, that might make it a bit more real?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->