The 5cm rant....

rosegarden620

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Recent (today) dr appt put me at 5cm and 60-70% effaced. Contracted ALL day through lying down, showers and distractions, intense pressure while peeing to the point of tears-sometimes not even peeing just trying to alleviate pressure on the toilet , a clean out complete with abdominal cramping and indigestion, bloody mucus non stop since the exam (I know it's normal but this is my fourth cervical check in all my pregnancy with the first three being at 32 weeks and this is the only one that has me bleeding still 12 hours after the exam).

My contractions ranged from 5min-15 minutes apart sometimes it was just severe tightening and most of the time it involved lots of pressure, cervical pulling and back pain!!!

I was sure today was the start of something!!! I was sure of it! I'm not quick to say "it's time" so for me to say "I think I am in early labor" I really felt it had to be. It's exactly how I felt with my second labor.

I felt off before my appt! The clean out was before my appt.

I'm frustrated. Doctors keep saying I won't make it until next week. Today she said, see you this weekend (at the hospital)- I wanted to roll my eyes.

I wouldn't mind if I didn't feel so uncomfortable or labor-ish!

How long am I supposed to walk around at 5cm?? My last labor was less than three hours and I started at 3!

I live 20-30mins from the hospital dh is a paramedic and works crazy hours. At 5cm how much time will he actually have to transport his patient and be by my side?? We agreed on me telling him early on when I thought labor was near so he could avoid the shift all together and take his week leave, but with crap like this how am I supposed to do that?

I'm stressing right now. I know I know I'm only 37 weeks but both my daughters were born before 37w1d. Wednesday will be the longest I have been pregnant.

10pm I got my last contraction and here I am at 2am. Dh snored me out of the room and while I am still having tightening here and there it's without all that extra stuff that made it feel real.

Sorry for the rant but I'm almost embarrased that I thought "this is it" and worried labor is gonna creep up and dh will not be there. Sigh.... :(

My SIL had this with her second child - it turned out when things really did kick off that the inside part of her cervix was much less dilated and things took a normal amount of time relatively.

It sounds rubbish though and I hope things kick off soon :hugs:

That sounds really horrible :hugs: I'm so sorry. I hope things start really soon while your dh is with you.

:hugs: I really relate ... Last night I had such regular strong contractions I thought we would be leaving for hospital early morning. Then it subsides at 2am :growlmad: Now after some blood streaked plug, and more contractions I have no idea what to expect. Being the 4th baby doesn't make it any easier to know what's going to happen :dohh:

oh you poor thing! This is my first so I have no advice but sending hugs! :hugs:

Things are quiet today. Pressure is there, no where near as intense as it was yesterday. Have had about 5 contractions between 11pm- and now :/

I feel relaxed...maybe a little defeated is the word? Regardless I'm on my "whatever mode".

Gonna clean a little and run some errands and then relax the rest of the day. Besides, I prefer tomorrow on for now! Im not a fan of the delivering doctor today and dh works from 2am-2pm. So if she wants to snuggle in today that's fine. That's totally fine.... Really, it's fine.

Lol....

Oh man.

Thanks for the comfort guys. I swear sometimes being pregnant can make you crazy!! Labor watch is like the 2ww but worse. Right??

If it makes you feel better, I was walking around at 7 cm for a while and my labor was still 2 hours. :thumbup: I hope the real thing starts up for you soon, the waiting must be torture!

My last pregnancy I was walking around at 5 cm with bulging waters. Things progressed pretty normally once my waters broke, took 5 hours to get to 10 cm so I don't think it necessarily means things will be horribly quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->