the 6 month rule

passengerrach

mummy to kai
Reaction score
did u all wait till 6 months to start giving ur babys food loads of ppl in my family hav told me that they didnt and just gave them some baby food before 6 months im not thinking about it yet but now im unsure about waiting till 6 months what did u all do

Jacob started having food at 5 months! You will know when he is ready hun x

With Kieran i was lucking forward to weaning and i started with him at 4months ish, then i realised how much a pain in the arse it is, lol. He also took a long time to go to the next stage food.

Paige i was quite happy with just bottles its so much easier so kept her on them as long as possible, she was 6months when a weaned and TBH it was alot easier, She also moved from first to second stage within a couple of weeks:)

Totally depends on the child and how they are, and you of course:)
Personally i would't recommend before 4months:)

i started when she was almost 4 months, go with whatever you feel is working for your lil one :) x

Yes, I'm waiting until 6months+. Niamh hasn't shown a lot of weaning signs yet, such as sitting up, grabbing food, playing with food, watching me eat all the time, etc. She is definitly interested in food, just not quite there yet.

I follow baby led weaning, which you can PM me about if you want to know more :)

thanks rafwife il keep that in mind when he starts showing signs of wanting food

Tom had it at 5 months but he was ready :)

We started Landon at almost 4mo..due to advice of my family, while he is fine, I wish I had waited longer

Casen was 5 1/2mo and more than ready

Hayden was 6mo but didn't eat until 9mo

I think it's best to get as close to 6mo as possible and then showing most if not all the signs of being ready. Every baby is different, some will be ready a bit earlier than others, but I think to be as safe as you can getting them as close to that is good. There are many signs inside their body that you can't see from the outside...like their digestive tract being ready for solids, and starting too early can cause damage, and increase their risk for allergies among other things.

katie was 3 months, but she was ready for it really early. the HV agreed with me. at the end of thte day every baby's different and not all fit in with the guidelines. but you're his mummy and you'll know when he's ready. had i FF from birth i know katie would have lasted longer, cos i didnt have much milk. and trust me, milk feeds are so much easier! its all exciting weaniing at first, but you do get to a stage where you're like, no more!!

Follow your babys lead. If they are ready to wean, then wean. But not all babies are. I was going gto hold off until 6 months but at 19 weeks her little tummy was rumbling in the night so I started earlier.

I waited until the 6 months, Grace showed little signs from around 5 months and was ready when we hit the 6 month mark xx

We started baby led weaning at 5 1/2 months. As Rafwife said, you can always PM me aswell if you want more info on it.

Im waiting till 6 months because Im following BLW and I dont think she would be capable of feeding herself before then. x

18 weeks here, I wasnt sure if she was ready ummming and arrring for days as her milk didnt seem to be satisfying her, but after the first meal I knew I'd done the right thing as she changed and was much happier. I love preparing her food and deciding what to make next. We are still on stage one and staying that way until 6 months on advice from HV but we'll see how we go. ATM we are all happy as we are :)

Joel had his first tastes at just over 3 months old, He was a very hungry baby though

archie has just started having bits and bobs of puree, nothing that can be counted as a full meal just just tastes of different things and all homemade..i tried him with a jar of hipp and he didnt like it...i wanted to wait but he was a hungry little monster he was on 45oz of milk a day and over 17lb.hv agreed with me

My HV said to me yesterday to try him in a fortnight with a spoonful of baby rice after his lunchtime milk. That will make him 3 1/2 months (17 weeks). Again like others on here he's a big baby (75th-91st centile) and i think if i was solely FF he would last longer. HV also said that big babies rarely last till 6 months.

Good luck hun
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"