the 6 month rule

Personally since they cannot agree whether 4 months or 6 months is the ideal time to wean, im of the opinion that anytime between the two is fine.

You'll know when he wants to start hun :)

anywhere between 4-6months is fine really, my hv doesnt like blw and didnt have a good word to say about it and there has been babies losing weight through it, which i dunno is true or not as people have had fantastic results on here.

i started rhys at 4 months, his hand and eye co-ordination is great, he swallows and chews properly, he eats in between bottles so is not replacing food with milk, he holds his head perfect, will sit and suck on rusks so there's no way he'd have waited till 6 months,
you'll know when he's ready dont be pressured into doing it before 4 months or having to wait till 6 months, if he's not ready its very hard to force feed a baby thats what my hv told me.
xx

Kai's nearly 5 months and he's been hawking our plates for a while now! He's tried banana, sweet peppers and other fruit & veg. I tried him with some mashed sweet potato nad broccoli and he loved it!

im in same situation as you hun my lil girl nearly 3months as soon as me and my hubby have something to eat she crys and trys 2 get it i wouldnt give her anything yet but i dont reckon she going to wait till 6 months x good luck anyway x:hug:

hi does she ?x im worried bout giving it my lil girl to early but she seems 2 want it lol

brandon is really hungry so we've just started giving him solids. He has petis filous at lunch time (well hardly ever a whole one) and then a meal at tea time then just boobie feeds as normal. He is a lot more settled now so I'm ceratin it's the right thing for him.

Annabelle was 4 and half months old, she was showing lots of signs of being ready plus we started on doctors orders

Lou
xxx

callum was weaned at 4mths, he was ready for it, milk was not satisfying him anymore and my hv recommended it.

you will know when he's ready.

when dd1 was little they still recommended weaning at 4 months, and she was definately ready, dd2 started at around 5 months.

you'll know when the time is right for your baby

i weaned ali exaclty at 6 months cos he just wasn't a hungry baby. i think some babies are ready before six months but he wasn't. you will know when the time has arrived hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->