Reaction score
I have mastitis

Today I went to the GP and he gave me anti biotics

I can honestly say ive never felt so ill in my entire life

I feel so sick and faint and im soooo scared of being sick

Im aching all over especially my back and legs

And my boob? well it feels more like a brick at the moment

All I want to do is sleep, not hungry or anything

My OH works nights so I have to feel better by tonight!!!!! Its hard enough being this ill without having to look after a baby.

Im hoping this will become one of those "sticky threads" so girls.....

Tell your mastitis story. As long or short as you like. Lets swap symptoms, swap war stories and generally have a good old moan

Because breast feeding is amazing....but jeez mastitis hurts!!!! :wacko:

I haven't experienced this but wanted to say hope you feel better soon x

ty hun. hope this thread can become a support for women who have suffered either a 1 off or recurring mastitis xx

think the anti biotics are making me have the runs and feel sick :( feeling v rough atm
anyone else suffering atm/? xx

I seem to get mastitis every couple of weeks - one of the worst things is that I seem to know it's going to happen (my boobs feel different somehow), but can't do anything to stop it. The first time was definitely the worst, and now I generally get a fever for a couple of hours, followed by intense sweating, headache and food/drink tastes really weird (like earwax iykim!). I just keep feeding as much as I can bear and pass LO over to DH as soon as he gets home from work when I get a bout of it so that I can go to bed and try to get rid of it asap.

I had a small bout yesterday, but it didn't get as far as fever - I feed loads as soon as I "knew", but I'm still exhausted like I've got flu.

Good luck and get well soon - it's horrible, but it's usually over pretty quick and at least baby isn't affected!

i cant believe ive got it ive been feeding for nearly 9 months!!! think its because shes teething and hasnt been latched on as well or something. the anti biotics are making me feel truly awful i feel like ive got bad flu and a brick for a boob!!!

anyone else get recurring mastitis? and any tips on how to prevent it?

btw meant to ask should i sleep in my bra? i usually dont because i find it super uncosy but today my boob feels better with the support

ty girls lets make this a sticky thread and have support out there for all BF mummies who feed thru the pain!!!

xx

anyone taken co-amoxolov before? not sure if thats how u spell it

theyre making me feel v ill

Its awful :(

I had it at 1 week, really badly, just about recovered and feeling good again, then got it in the other boob :cry:

If it helps the anti-bs work fairly quickly, 48 hours the first time, and 24 the second.

I felt Soooo ill I said at the time it was the worst I'd ever felt! My temp was 39.9 I'd be sweating, sleeping between 2 towels, then be totally freezing the next minute.

Hope you feel better soon :hugs: if you have a cabbage, dark green one put it in the fridge then put a leaf in your bra - feels nice and cool...

X x x

Oh and I'd sleep without the bra personally, anything to let the duct clear quickly. As for prevention, try massaging your boobs in the bath/shower or putting a warm flannel on them.
I can't remember the name of my anti-bs but they gave me upset tummy too... And painful tummy actually.

Feeling flu like and sick / dizzy is the mastitis, not the antibiotics...

X x x

awww ty hun hope u feel better soon too!!!!!! other boob is getting full as im trying to feed from other one. feel v sick terrified of being sick :( exhausted too. not got a temp just feel awful :( xxx

It is horrible :( I don't have it now it was a few weeks ago.... Are you feeding from the infected boob? You need to or it gets worse as the blockage backs up. Sorry if you already know that! Wasn't sure which boob you meant is getting full...

X x x

Awe i had it early on . I had commented about an itching sensation when i was feeding from the affected side. Then the breast was swollen and very painful especially feeding and lying on it. Then later that week i thought i was getting flu. Having never had flu i was worried how i would cope looking after a newborn whilst having flu. However, the sweats and chills were only with me a couple of days then i was fine. But it did look like someone had painted a red stripe down my breast. I went to the docs who told me off for not going eArlier when the breast was itchy. He gave me strong antibiotics because i had anabcess forming because of the infection.

After that i did suffer with blocked ducts and swellings. This was one of the reasons i went onto formula. Im a but gifted though because i realise i had such anabundantsupply of milk and i couldve done something. But because my little one struggled with the shooting milk i got frustrated.

Anyway.....well done on you ladies who preserve through the pain and discomfort tocontinuebreastfeeding. x

Ugh its AWFUL isnt it! I was SO sick i couldnt move from my bed. My husband and mum had to bring the twins to me and latch them on, i couldnt even move my arm from being so weak! When it started i was at home with lots of friends over meeting the babies for the first time, i all of a sudden felt so cold i put on a pair of leggings, jogging bottoms, vest, 2 jumpers, a thick cardigan, scarf and 2 pairs of socks and was STILL shivering. I could hardly speak from being so tired...
That was a BAD time! I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. Actually, maybe i would a little bit... ;)

Hope you feel better soon. I've had it twice, once at 3 weeks pp and then about 3 months. It is truly awful and the antibiotics make me really ill too. I caught it just as the flu symptoms started the second time luckily, though the doc nearly had a heart attack when I whipped my boob out to show him the red patch before he got a 'chaperone' to come in the room! Poor man.

awww ladies its the worst!!
i had a better night ruby woke 4 times which is better than the 6 she usually does! my boob is a lot less swollen today but i feel sick on the tablets :( yday i couldnt move my arm it really hurt under my arm but thats improved a bit. im struggling swallowing these tablets theyre truly huge!!! im on 125mg co-amoxiclav 3 times a day and its already working so im hoping itll clear it
im still feeding from the affected breast and the lumps have now gone but its still red and blotchy :(

anyone else on anti biotics atm for it ? xxxx

im feeling slightly better ATM
altho the antibiotics are making me feel like something died in my stomach haha
my OH took the LO to tesco to do the shop so i could eat my way thru a brownie dessert fresh from the oven
I love him!!!
any other ladies got the pain of mastitis today? xxx

I had this at 2 weeks and it nearly put an end to Bf i felt soooooo bad. But day 3 antibioics i started to feel much better. It still took good 6 days though to feel better better. i found varying position of feeeding - so baby's chin is pointed towards sore area (for me this meant rugby hold as was sore under armpit). then turning back to shower before feed and gently expressing in the shower then feeding followed by a bag of frozen peas for 15 mins. it was a real faff and got me down especially doing all that in the night at every feed but it worked and quickly turned the situation around. feel for anyone with this - it's hardcore, but u get to feel v. proud of yourself for Bf despite the hardships u face. xxxxxxx

its given such relief BF from that side so im carrying on i really want to BF till shes at least 1

ok now I'm scared of getting mastitis from reading this thread :/

I hope anyone suffering feels better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"