The Amazing VBAC Story of Harry Wright! :D piccys added

clairebear

Mummy to 2 handsome boys.
Reaction score
Well were do i begin! :D Maybe i should start by saying YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! I'm so damn proud of myself i cant stop smiling! :D

Well here we go peeps.

Sunday morning at about 3:00am I started getting mild contractions which were waking me up and lasting about 40 seconds every 5 mins. I tried to doze off in between them but they were beginning to get stronger and stronger.

At 5:30 they were every 3 mins lasting over a minute. I woke Adam and told him that this was it and to get ready as i was going to have a bath. The bath brought them on thick and fast and before i knew it Jack was awake. After texting my mum and telling her to come over for Jack we all went down stairs where i coped with leaning over the sofa on all fours during the contractions with Jack rubbing my back.

At 7:30ish Adam started timing my contractions and they were every 2 mins lasting 90 seconds and after a quick phone call to the hospital and a short grunt from me we were off!

We got to the hospital at around 8:00. Checked in and was shown to a room. Went through all the spiel and was given Gas and Air (which i LOVED). She then did an internal examination and i was petrified she was gonna tell me i was only 2cms but HOLY COW i was 5cm. ( I managed to shout yes during a contraction). At that point things moved fairly smoothly. I had to be constantly monitored on the CTG machine due the the previous section but my MW was fab she let me move into any position i wanted and just adjusted the straps and monitor.

I bounced on the birthing ball and got on all fours over the bed all the while having a good suck on G&A. Adam enjoyed a nice cuppa tea and read the paper whilst i was in the ZONE!! lol

Then at around 11 the Mw asked to examine me as my contraction where now almost constant and she could see i was bearing down during them The pressure was so intense. SHe examined me and i was 10CMS!!!!!! I felt so good. I had to then try not to push during the contractions to give babys head the chance to drop a bit more as they were only allowing me an hour of pushing before intervention. They broke my waters as they were bulging with each contraction which increased my urge to push.

So at 12:00 the pushing began and my god did that hurt!! After about 30mins the called in the consulatant (which freaked me out as it was the same one who did my section last time) BUt he told me there was no way he was intervening baby was coming out the right way. I was reaching down and feeling Harrys head and spurring myself on. I just needed to have an episiotomy to help baby slide out. SO on the next contraction they cut me and the contraction after that his whole body slid out in one masssive push!

It was the most amazing feeling and one that i will never forget. :D

Then there was this beautiful baby boy in my arms all gunky and gooey and perfect. The whole experience was totally amazing and empowering. I'm still in shock that i did it all on just G and A.

Harry is gorgeous! He weighed in at 7lb 1oz! So a great weight and we both doing fab! When i was on the ward i even had to demostrate bf to a few trainee nurses :D I was also the talk of the ward with my amazing VBAC and made my MW and Student MW cry with JOY :D

SO there we are i have proberly missed something out as im trying to write theis quickly before i need to feed harry again but i just wanna say.

Harry Vance Wright born @1:00PM on sunday 1/8/10 x From first contraction to last push a grand total of 10 hours!! So happy!! x x

VBAC BABEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flower:D:D:D:D:happydance::happydance:

piccys added!
https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm21/clairebear109/DSCF1563.jpg
https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm21/clairebear109/DSCF1497.jpg
https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm21/clairebear109/DSCF1481.jpg
https://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm21/clairebear109/DSCF1692.jpg

what a fab story.ive got atear in my eye.
he is so gorgeous too.

well done mummy. x x

Im so happy you had your vbac hun is gives alot of hope to others you done great!!

Congratulations to you all :cloud9: xx

Massive well done hun :hugs:

He's is gorgeous, how is he settling in with the family? Hope Jack loves his new little brother!!

I am sat here feeling so, so proud of you and with a tear in my eye as I you can just feel how happy you are and you bloody well should be :hugs: :kiss:

You are awesome you Birth Goddess you!!! :cloud9:

xxx

wow what an amazing story, i'm so happy for you

I'm so so so happy for you to get your VBAC what a fab birth stoty, so inspirational!!!! Well done Mummy and congratulations to all of you xx

Massive congratulations hun, you did a fab job!!
He is a little cutie x x

so happy you got the vbac

well done hes adorable

blinking marvellous!!!! isnt it fab to be able to say you did it??? im still super proud of myself 14 weeks later. well done you! xx

well done claire. i am as ecstatic about my boy's birth as you are! well done. so proud of you mate. and having same sex babies close together is ace!!!! x

well done Claire, you did so well :hugs: welcome to the world Harry x

Fantastic Fabulous you!!!! Well done my dear, you give me hope! I am so happy that you had the birth you wanted!

So proud of you hun & so pleased for you, I know how much you wanted this. Youve done so well :hugs:

Congrats on your beautiful baby boy & hope you're all settling in well :) xxx

well done on a brilliant vbac! Such an inspiration to others that may be about to attempt one too.
Congrats on little Harry!

:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

Claire honey I am so proud of you xxxxx

Fabulous story and well done you on your VBAC.Harry is so gorgeous.The part where Jack rubbed your back made me go Awwwww!

Congratulations to you Adam and Jack xxxxxxx

Welcome to the world Harry :kiss:

super pleased for you guys you did so well!!!! super birthing goddess!!! xxx

wooohoooo fab story hun. well done :thumbup::flower: you should be so proud of yourself xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->