The arrival of Ella Jane!

~RedLily~

Reaction score
Well on Tuesday (29th)night a friend asked if i wanted to go out for a bit but the thought of driving made me really nervous which is a first because I always go out on my own so I kind of had an idea something might be starting but I wasnt getting my hopes up so I went to bed as normal but couldnt sleep. I started getting a bit of back ache and then at just after 4am I had my first contraction but it took about an hour for me to actually believe that it was contractions i was having. I decided to get up at about 6 because i knew there was no way i would sleep and put my tens machine on. For the rest of the day they were about 7 minutes apart. I started losing my plug throughout the day aswell.
At about midnight they were 5 minutes apart and lasting a minute so i called labour ward but was told to just try and get some sleep and call back if they got closer together. I went to bed which slowed them down but made them much more painful so by 2am i gave up on that and went downstairs. By about 12 they were back to being 5 minutes apart, my mum convinced me to call the labour ward again because she thought they could give me something so i could sleep a bit and some anti-sickness as i hadnt even been able to have a sip of water without being sick.
i got to the hospital between 1 and 2 and found out i was 3cms already. stood up and loads of blood poured out which was just my show apparantly but shocked me because didnt think it was suppose to be just blood. the midwife said normally they would send me home but as i hadnt slept for two days i could be admitted and have some pethidine and anti-sickness. well the pethidine was a waste of time because i didnt get any sleep.
At about 6pm the midwife came back and said i was now 6cms so could go to delivery :happydance:. i called my mum to say what was happening as she had gone home to let me sleep. About an hour later i had had enough of my tens machine because it was just hurting my back so they offered me gas and air, which after everything i had heard about it i was quite excited because its apparently amazing so i was quite dissapointed when all it did was give me a dry mouth and make me nearly fall asleep inbetween contractions. i actually nearly fell off the birthing ball so decided it would be safer to lie on the bed :haha:.
Just before 8 i started to get the urge to push so i called the midwife back in but she said i was only 8 cms so had to wait. That lasted about 5 minutes because it just got to much so she said just go with what my body is telling me. I started pushing at 8 and at about 8:15 i asked what the chances are of the baby being born by 8:30, she said possible but unlikely. Well at 8:27pm on the 1st July Ella was born! I think one of the first things I did was check the time and say "ha told you" :haha:. The midwife put her straight on me :cloud9:. i wanted to deliver the placenta before my mum came back in the room but then found out i needed stitched because i had a 2nd degree tear so that ment she had to wait a bit longer, the doctor came in to do that but then said i was losing loads of blood so ended up having about 7 people in the room with my legs up in those leg things lol with her trying to stop the bleeding, felt very dignified :haha:. i was allowed to hold and feed Ella up until they put me on a drip to help stop the bleeding and were doing all sorts of things.
After an hour they managed to stop it and my mum was finally allowed in. They finally weighed Ella about 2 hours after she was born and she was 7lbs 12oz and 51cms long. I was quite surprised because i expected her to be a bit smaller for some reason.
All the midwives kept saying how amazing i was because all though the labour i didnt make a sound and was so relaxed about the whole thing and that was without any drugs so i have to admit i do feel pretty proud of myself lol. Apparently i shocked them all because of not making a sound lol.
I was finally moved to the ward at about 1am. i honestly dont know how they can expect you to sleep there because its so boiling and noisy lol and allowed to go home at about 5:30pm.
I think I've covered everything!

Kirsty she really is lovely, congrats.
Great birth story, i hope im as quiet as u. Im scared ill be a screamer
xx

Well done - great birth story.

She is adorable x

ah darling you did sooo well!! glad it all went well and wasn't too traumatic!
she is amazing!

congrats xx

fab story hun & she is beautiful!! xx

awwwwwwwww great story!! hope i'm as quiet as you :)

Elayna is absolutley gorgeous too, well done :)

wow sounds like u done a perfect job!shes absolutly lovely!
congratulations again:Dx

so sweet! well done mummy - congratulations :thumbup:

Ah how lovely. Sounds like you did really well,congratulations on having a gorgeous little girl x

Congrats she's gorgeous hun :D
And well done you for not making a peep au natural :O xxx

woww Kirsty!!
she's amazing, i bet you're so proud :hugs:
absolutely beautiful
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members