The arrival of Elliot Morse

Pipsqueek

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Well, the story goes something like this....[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Was admitted to hosp on the Sunday as they really wanted to induce me. I wasn’t keen but they assured me that they would do everything at my pace and with my consent so I agreed. I wasn’t prepared to be admitted. I was only there as I was over 42 weeks and needed monitoring. So off I went to one of the rooms in the birthing centre. By 7pm I had my first application of prostaglandin gel plus another sweep. That would be my third sweep in 2 weeks and the midwife said that things were changing so that was reassuring.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Contractions started at 2am. Of course I wasn’t sure if they were the real thing as I was being told that they were tightenings which confused me. All I knew was that they were pretty regular and came on quite quickly in succession. I blame the birthing ball! I thought it’d be best to start the TENS up anyway so that’s what I did. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I didn’t get seen again until 8am by which time the contractions had got stronger. My waters were broken and after that the contractions became a lot more stronger and frequent. I was pressing that boost button within an inch of my life! Unfortunately there was meconium in my waters so that wasn’t great but apparently not uncommon for full term babies. By the time the 3rd midwife on shift had arrived, I had started on the gas and air but a few puffs in and I felt dreadfully sick. My plan was to climb the anaesthetic ladder hopefully avoiding an epidural but it wasn’t to be. I persevered with the TENS but asked for an epi in the end. By the time I got the epi I had been in labour for 10 hours. Thank god I had it as I didn’t know it was gonna be another 11 hours before he was born! Once it was in, it was bliss :happydance:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Even though contractions continued, I wasn’t dilating so they put me on an oxytocin drip. Anyway, several examinations later revealed that although I’d dilated further, I still wasn’t responding quickly enough to the drip and baby was refusing to engage (his heart rate had also started to dip) so I was taken to theatre to have an emergency c-section. He didn’t want to come out but Baby Elliot Morse was born on Tuesday at 00:46am and plonked straight on my chest. He is my absolute world.

I can't believe i did it! :flower:
[/FONT]

congrats on the arrival of little Elliot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->