The arrival of Georgia Faye 04/10/10

I<3paul

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
After convincing myself this baby was coming early, at 40 + 4 i finally decided...that it wasnt.

I'd had a few false alarms over the previous weeks, so when i started getting pains in my back everytime i got up for a wee i didnt want to believe that it was labour.

At 3:37am i got up for my usual 900th wee and my back was really hurting me, i said to Paul, i think i might be having contractions, but you should go back to sleep incase theyre not' ... yeah cos thats gonna be easy for him now iv just said that.

Anyway i proceeded to squeeze his arm every 8/10 mins which helped in his getting back to sleep mission.

We started timing them and i ran a bath when they were 6/7 mins apart. I stood at the side of the bed and had a bit of a leak so i thought it might have been my waters. Contractions started to get really painful and every 3 mins, so rang the delivery ward and they said to come in. (left my bath, but im not one to waste, il drink it later)

Paul's mum n dad came round to watch little Rosie (who now by the way is like giant Rosie compared to Georgia)

5:25 - Arrived at hospital and told the midwife i was feeling alot of pressure down there, she checked me over and gave me gas n air (which i LOVE and is deffo my best mate) I was 5cm dilated.

The contractions then started slowing to about 10 mins apart again...i was like noooo! I cant cope. Also the monitor wasnt working properly so everytime i had a massive contraction the monitor was reading it at about 28, i remembered with Rosie's that they went off the scale! So i was really terrified thinking i cant cope if this pain is only counted as 28, i really didnt want an epidural but i was thinking i was gonna have to have one if the pain got much worse.

Anyway the contractions started coming back 3 mins again but still only at like 44 on the monitor at the most...so obv i nearly killed myself at this point.
Midwife checked me over again and i was 6cm, my waters hadnt broken so clearly just some random ming had come out of me...FIT! She broke my waters for me, but it took ages. She said it was the hardest bag of water she'd ever had to break (Solid).

Contractions were soooo painful now, i couldnt cope and the monitor at the most went up to 65...right WHAT?!!

I asked for diamorphine injection because it was hurting so much and midwife said it would take about 20 mins to kick in. Then I suddenly felt like i had to push sooo bad, so breathed through it and Paul told the midwife. She checked me over and i was 10cm dilated already, she was shocked and started rushing around getting everything ready. 10 Mins of pushing and little Georgia Faye arrived! All of a sudden i just felt complete, she was perfect and my little family was finally finished :) Thank You everyone for being so supportive over these past few months, youve been such a massive help xxxxxxxx

Georgia Faye born 9:56am 4/10/2010 weighing 7lb 14oz.

Attachments

• georgia 04.10.10 042.jpg
    georgia 04.10.10 042.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 42
  • georgia 04.10.10 050.jpg
    georgia 04.10.10 050.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 25
Congratulations, she is totally gorgeous!

She is an absolute stunner babe, well done and congratulations xx

oh she is beautiful and you my friend are FUNNY! you should write professionally if you dont already!

oh she is beautiful and you my friend are FUNNY! you should write professionally if you dont already!

Well I do have a few novels to my name, just minor ones nothing big time. I don't know if you've heard of any but 'the shining, time travellers wife, the notebook' are just a few. :p

Xxx

congrats on the birth of little Georgia, she is just gorgeous! What a brilliant job you did!

She is gorgeous :thumbup: Love the name Georgia xx

well done you, she is just lovely, many congratulations x x

Shes beautiful!!! And what a perfect birth too. So happy for you :hugs:

Congratulations - she is absolutely gorgeous and I loved reading your story - thankyou!! xxx

yeahhhhh she didnt make u wait too long then.... Congratulations shes absolutely gorg xx well done u xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->