The arrival of my beautiful son on 31/08/2010

Teeny Weeny

TTCAL
Reaction score
On my due date of 31st August I was booked in for induction as the growth scans showed that my little man was growing very quickly and could be up to 11lbs. They didn't want me to go overdue.
At 6pm I arrived at the hospital and baby was monitored for 20 mins and he was absolutely fine. On examination my cervix was 2-3cm dilated and shortening and very stretchy! :happydance: I was sent down to the labour ward to have my waters broken.

The midwife broke my waters at about 8pm and then I had to be hooked up to the drip. After 2 failed attempts at putting in the canula (it REALLY hurt when they busted 2 veins!) the anaethetist finally managed the 3rd time round. Bubbas heartbeat was monitored again for 30 mins and he was still nice and happy! :thumbup:

The drip was started at about 9pm and contractions started a few minutes later. Every 30 mins it was turned up. The pain was quick in coming and I was told it was because induced births are more painful.
The pain was in my back too and I managed on the birthing ball with no drugs until about 10pm when they really started to hurt. On the bed I got and used the gas and air. I was told I would be examined at 1am in the morning.
By 11pm the pain was terrible and I asked for an epidural (I didn't want one and had laboured on only G&A with my 1st son) and my OH was worried I would regret it. There was no way I could have laboured another 2hrs with that pain!
Anyway, OH asked the MW to check and see how far dilated I was before the anaethetist came which she did at 11.20pm....To her surprise I was 10cms and ready to push! On his cot card she had written 01/09/10!!!:dohh:
I was so happy and gave up on the gas and air and began to push a little while later....it felt great! :thumbup:
After about 6 pushes my son was born with his cord round his neck :nope: which I saw and panicked over, but it was removed without any trouble.
He was passed straight to me and we had skin to skin for about 45 mins and he took his first feed. When he was weighed he was (a small) 8lb 5oz with tons of dark hair. Both OH and I were over the moon with our perfect and most beautiful son. :cloud9:

In my notes my labour was recorded as 2hrs 52 mins and I did it on gas and air! :happydance:

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg Riley Beau Fuller. xx

Congratulations, hun! Lovely birth story and your son is gorgeous!!

Wonderful :) Well done he's gorgeous!

Aw well done Teeny! Fab birth story! Welcome to the world Riley! xx

Beautiful brith story with an outcome to match, hope my induction goes as smoothly! Congratulations sweetie - may i say you look great post labour (did you take your stylists in with you heehee) xxx

What a fantastic birth story! Gotta love those babies that are punctual - what a good laddy you've got there (with 17 minutes to go!)!! Congratulations to you and your family. Rest up now and enjoy! x

Lovely story - Congratulations! :thumbup: xx

Congratulation Teeny, a lovely birthing story xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"