The Arrival Of My Lovely Little Lady - Evie Marie x (With Piccys!)

xLisax

Max & Evies Mummy :)
Reaction score
My little girl is now 4 days old and I thought I'd get this written whilst its all fresh in my mind :) We've also filmed the whole thing so I never forget a precious second :cloud9:

First a bit of background, my sons labour went smoothly but as soon as he was delivered there were lots of complications..he was taken from me immediately, we didnt hear him cry and we ended up being blue lighted to another hospital and remained in SCBU there for 4 weeks. The only reason I'm saying this is because it made it so, so important to me that this time was different. That we could have a normal, positive experience...and I really got it! :yipee: (& as you can see from my avatar..Max is now the most perfect, lively almost-3 year old! :D )

9th August 2011 ~ I was woken up at 5am with an awful pain in my back, decided to wait and see if anymore pains appeared and sure enough I was having mild contractions :dance: I was 4 Days overdue by now and so ready to get things going! I went to the toilet and lost some bloody show, so I went in to wake up OH and tell him the baby was coming :)
We started to time my contractions and they were coming around 5 minutes apart but not at all intense or long. I needed the toilet again but this time I wiped a lot of fresh blood. Long story short, I rang MW to tell her about the blood, they asked us to go in and get it checked..everything was fine, I was examined at 2-3cm and told we'd have our baby within 24 hours :wohoo:
We got home around 10am and by then the contractions had become less frequent at 15 minutes apart but more painful :thumbup: I carried on as normal, trying to stay as mobile as possible, but it got to lunchtime and I had a huge wave of tiredness..so I decided to have a nap and get some energy up. Bad plan, I woke up with my contractions almost an hour apart :( So I spent the rest of the afternoon going for walks up hills, climbing stairs etc :rofl:
It got to half 5 and we decided to head to my mums to get Max ready to put to bed there (We thought that would leave him more settled than having someone have to come get him in the middle of the night!) & it was from this point onwards that the contractions started to become frequent and more intense again :dance:
We then settled down and had something to eat, I bounced on my birthing ball as the contractions began to get really quite painful..I had to breathe through them rather than carry on as normal through them. We carried on with this until Midnight when I decided to lay my head down..no sooner had I done that, I had a massive contraction..which scared me! :haha: I had just remembered how bad the pain gets! :wacko:

August 10th ~ Evies Birthday! :cloud9: ~ After that the pains remained huge and long, coming 5 minutes apart. At 1am I had the huge urge to poo so went to the toilet..had my clearout! ;) The contractions were then coming every 2 minutes and I decided I needed some gas and air..so we made our way over to the hospital! :thumbup:
We arrived at around 130am where I was then examined at 4-5cm. Tbh, I was a bit disheartened at this but reassured myself that things would speed up if my waters went. The MW told me she would break them after my next examination (4 hours away at 545am) if I hadnt progressed much! Over the next 4 hours the contractions got so much longer and stronger that I wasn't having a break in between. :wacko: About 10 minutes before my next examination I noticed the pain moving from my front to my bum..so in my head, I would be pushing soon :thumbup:
545am arrived and I had my next internal...6cm. I was so close to asking for an epidural then and there but told myself that with my waters gone and my contractions moving down that it wouldn't be long. Sure enough MW broke my waters and the pain was getting even more intense in my bum each time. :thumbup:
At 635am I warned OH that I felt the urge to push slightly with each contraction and to let my MW know. He didn't know how quickly things can progress and how fast things went from here had him rather shell-shocked! :haha:
MW came in and said she would get a trolley ready and waiting outside..by the time she was back I couldnt fight the urge to push anymore and told her thats what I was doing :haha: She ran to get the trolley from outside and rushed to get her things out and ready. A couple of contractions later and our little Evie entered the world :cloud9: :cloud9: This was 648am :) She was placed straight onto my chest and when I heard that first cry I just sobbed and sobbed..looked over at OH and he was doing the same! :D OH cut her cord and we checked she was definitly a girl :)haha:)
I had skin to skin with her and gave her her first feed, shes a pro and latched on right away :thumbup: Then Daddy had his cuddles whilst I got my stitches..she'd come out with her hand across her face (the same happened with my son! :dohh:) and she tore exactly the same place that Max had! So I had to be re-repaired! :rofl:

I loved every single second even though it hurt like heck :haha: It went so smoothly and our little girl is just perfect :cloud9: Her big brother was brought over to meet her and since then he is smitten :) A very proud big brother! :flower: She's slotted right in and our family is now complete, I'm a very happy Mummy! :cloud9:

Here are some pics of our girly! :flow:

8lb13oz! :)
https://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/Maxs_Mummy/DSC04303.jpg

https://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/Maxs_Mummy/DSC04324.jpg

https://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/Maxs_Mummy/DSC04345.jpg

https://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/Maxs_Mummy/DSC04349.jpg

https://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/Maxs_Mummy/DSC04360.jpg

https://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/Maxs_Mummy/DSC04385.jpg

Sorry for the overload and well done if you made it this far!! :hugs:

xx

Congratulations, she is gorgeous. And it look like her brother is so proud!

Am so pleased and proud of you.
Am hoping my birth goes exactly like yours xxx.

Awwww :cloud9: Lisa that is the most beautiful birth story. It made me cry! :cry: congratulations again, I couldn't be any happier for you! Evie is beautiful and Max looks so so proud! :cloud9: xxx

i love your birth story, i hope mine is similar!! :happydance: well done she is amazing!!! :hugs: x

:cry: just perfect. Congratulations once again Hun, so so proud of u!! Ouch about the stitches though! Well worth it though eh.

She's simply gorgeous xxxxx

huge huge congratulations sweetie, she is utterly gorgeous! what a perfect little family :cloud9:

Congratulations!
She is beautiful! I absolutely love the last pic - such a proud big bro :)

Lovely birth!! And beautiful pictures! Gosh she's a big girlie isn't she hun :dance:

Congratulations!
Remembering you from the bfp thread its scary to think how fast its gone! Max looks like a very proud big brother! So pleased all went well for you x

Thank you all :cloud9: Max is a very proud big brother! :) & I'm loving how smoothly my little Evie has slotted in :flower:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"