The arrival of Noah Anthony 2 days early 18.09.10

berticles21

mummy to Noah
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
Just to update you and post my birth story! Noah Anthony was born on the 18th September at 5.14am weighing 8lb 2oz.

As you might know I'd had a show a couple of days earlier and was having contractions that kept coming and going. On the 17th I started to feel a bit achey about 4pm so I had a nice long soak in the bath. i even decided to shave my legs and try to tidy 'down there', and chris went for his hair cutting - we must have known something was going to happen lol. At around 5.30pm I started to have contractions again, but didn't think anything of it because of what had been happening the previous few days so I got ready and Chris dragged me to a leaving meal that his cricket team was putting on. I was sat at the table thinking 'these contactions are quite regular' so me and chris started timing them, and they were about 15mins apart! They were getting a bit uncomfortable, but i didn't want to make a fuss, so just grinned and bared it throughout the meal. After we'd eaten we made our excuses and went home, by this time the contractions were about 10 mins apert lol.
I got in and put my pj's on and took my makeup and we both laid on the settee watching celebrity juice that we'd recorded. I was laughing along when I had a contraction and my whole bump jumped and I heard a popping sound. I jumped up and felt something trickle out of me. I started laughing saying to chris either my water has just gone or i've peed myself!! The look on his face was priceless lol.
I went up to the bathroom and checked my pad (sorry tmi) and it was all dark green snot stuff which scared me a little as I knew LO would have pooed in me. I rang labour and they told me to go in with a packed bag.
I felt so calm though, I wasn't having contractions now, so went and tried to find something to put on, and slapped a bit of makeup on lol. Then we jumped in the car. It still didn't seem real till we pulled up at A&E and I had a contraction while trying to get out of the car. Well water was just pouring out of me! There was a bloke outside ahaving a fag looking worried cos I was stood there with my legs crossed saying I can't walk I'm leaking stuff lol.
I walked best I could into A&E and asked how to get to labour suite- it was like out of a film lol cos i was leaking fluid all the time, there was a right trail!
Once I got to labour midwife asked to check my pad and as I was trying to get it off more fluid kept pouring out! i just kept apologising for the mess i was making and made poor old chris clean the floor lol. The midwife confirmed that LO had pooed and checked me and I was 2cm. She said after consulting doctor that if I'd not progressed in a hour they would have to set me off as baby may be distressed and hooked me up to a machine. By this time it was about 11pm.
I was gutted as I couldn't walk about and although the contractions were still pretty barable I was getting frustrated clock watching. Thankfully when the midwife came back I was 5cm so LO obviously was ready to come!
I seemed to be left on my own for ages then, and I requested a hot water bottle as the contractions were getting stronger. My body decided to have a clear out then, and boy was I thankful as the contractions I had in the toilet while I wasn't strapped up were brill lol.
The midwife kept coming back and i was dialating a cm per hour. She kept asking me to try gas and air but i really didn't like it i felt so out of it!
Anyway the contractions got really strong and it was taking a lot of strength to breath through them, and to not help matters my body kept pushing. It was the wierdest thing ever, I sort of lost control at that point! The midwife said i needed to breath through them and not push as i wasn't ready and said to try the gas as it would take my mind off pushing if i breathed instead. Well did it hell lol! I still kept pushing! I really couldn't stop my body! At this point the midwife suggested pethidine as she said i'd be less likely to push if some of the feeling had gone so I agreed. I felt as high as a kite lol!
Finally she told me I could push, which was such a relief, although I seemed to be doing it for ages! I'm not sure how long as I was pretty out of it by now due to pethidine. All I remember is feeling her fingers down there and thinking, there's no way this baby is coming out unless he rips his way out! Well I was right lol. The ring of fire is right ladies, but boy, once he had torn me the relief was amazing! His body seemed to follow straight away and before I knew it he was on me feedin and he looked huge!!
I'd suffered a 3rd degree tear so they wisked me off to surgery which was sooo surreal, after no sleep, being high on pethidine, then having a spinal block so I could be stiched! I was nodding and when i woke up a bit I looked round to see a full room of people, my legs in stirrups and teenage dirtbag playing on the stereo!!
Noah is now a month old and even though I'm one tired lady I love him sooo much!! And even though I was stiched, after hearing some of my friends birth stories I can't believe how lucky i was to have such a quick and stress free labour compared to them:thumbup:

Attachments

• 100_2984.jpg
    100_2984.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_3122.jpg
    100_3122.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_3113.jpg
    100_3113.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_3020.jpg
    100_3020.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 19
congrats on the birth of little Noah - what a great job you did! He's just gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->