The Arrival of Sydney Rhiannon Page, Traumatic Birth.

prettymachine

Reaction score
On Friday September 16th i was set for induction at 6am... so DH and I were up by 5am. I call and they say I need to call back because there is no room...they had me calling back all day until I was finally able to come in about 730pm, already tired.

I went in dilated to 3cm and very soft so they went straight for Pitocin. It induced contractions after a while but they weren't really doing much. Around 2am I got the worst headache! I kept asking the nurses for Tylenol but it wasn’t showing up and the headache was making me nauseous. I finally just took my own Tylenol so I could rest. By 8am i was finally up to 4cm so they broke my water. I had polyhydramnios so this was quite an experience! The doctor was sitting on the bed next to me and I said to her, "wow you are brave sitting on the bed!" and as soon as it started coming out she jumps up and her whole side is wet...she looks at me and says, "you told me!" lol. They changed my entire bedding and i was laying there and felt another gush...my entire bedding had to be changed again! lol. I went to the bathroom after and by the color that came out in the fluid they realized she had pooped mecconium in her waters :( At this point i was informed NICU would be present at my birth because they would have to suction out her lungs.

By about 12pm I still wasn’t having painful contractions (we later learned I have a ridiculously high pain tolerance) and I wasn’t dilating anymore so they started threatening C-section. They turned off my Pitocin to "flush my receptors" and started me over. I was given 3 hours to have cervical change or they were scheduling my C-section. I was NOT having that! Against my having to lay flat rules I got up on the edge of the bed and sat with my pelvis as straight as I could, for the next 3 hours! When they checked me I was 5cm!! It was getting a bit more painful now, but I still didn't want an epidural yet. I was given internal monitors at this time which were no fun at all. Finally about 7pm, I was ready for the drugs... and still at 5cm! About 8pm the process of the epidural was done and we were going to take about 2 hour naps, to be prepared for pushing. Well within about 10 minutes I started getting a pain in my pelvic bone, through the epidural. I told my nurse and she checked me…9cm!!! She said I would have about an hour until I hit 10cm and to rest. Sure enough 10 minutes later, I start to feel my contractions in my right thigh joints, and my vagina felt “full.” I can’t describe it any other way.
This is where it started to go downhill. It was time to start pushing and I was told to “push like you are having a bowel movement.” But I could NOT feel my butt, and this made it so I could not feel where I was pushing. I pushed and pushed and pushed. Two hours later she wasn’t coming down so the nurse checked me and my baby’s head was caught on the lip of the cervix. I demanded they shut the epidural off so I could feel where I was pushing. Unfortunately even though I could feel my legs right away I never did feel my butt again the rest of the ordeal. In an effort to get the baby to move over the had me laying on my side pushing, among other positions. It was getting rather painful now and I had them sticking their hands up there trying to move the baby over. It had been 4 hours of pushing on 43 hours of no sleep and 30 hours of not eating. C-section was threatened again as I told them I just could not do it on my own. I refused and asked if I could please get the vacuum because I WAS having my baby vaginally. The doctor came in to see how reasonable this would be and in not too long he was set up between my legs vacuum in hand. The first one wouldn’t get suction properly so they got another bigger one. The NICU crew assembled in the room and while I am laying there with a vacuum on my baby’s head (the scariest feeling!) and having contractions one on top of the other, an NICU guy comes over trying to shake my hand and tell me why he was there. This was the point where I had my only outburst… I looked at him and said, “I know who you are and why you are here! Please stop telling me things I already know!”

Now to the scariest moment of my life. Pushing with the vacuum, NICU on hand, all guests on warning that if they are told to leave they needed to LEAVE! And I could not keep my eyes open, I was exhausted beyond belief and I was starving. I had to do it, for my little girl. I hadn’t come this far to have it end in C-section. I pushed, as hard as I could through the contractions, with some super human strength that I have no idea where came from. I needed an episiotomy to get her through and I don’t know the exact details of it, how big it is etc., except that it took an entire suture kit to close up(around 20 stitches.) Everything happened so fast at this point… she came through and was immediately rushed over to the NICU table where a machine suctioned out her lungs. I couldn’t see her… I didn’t even get a chance to cry for my baby… I just wanted to know she was ok. I heard a scream from her and felt a wave of relief, and finally they say it, she was perfect! How did I get so lucky, with all the risks? My little girl is a miracle.

At 2:00am exactly on Sunday, September 18th, Sydney Rhiannon Page was born weighing 7 lbs. 12 oz. and measuring 20 & ¾ inches.

I didn’t get instant skin on skin because they had so much stitching me up to do. She was given her bath at this time, which I also missed. But when she was brought to me I could not believe how absolutely beautiful she was, and the way she stared at me like she knew exactly who I was and that she was as in love with me as I was with her.

My life is forever changed.

https://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/296157_287234057969805_100000496396928_1240691_838316487_n.jpg

https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/308972_288306921195852_100000496396928_1244708_945145386_n.jpg

https://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/297322_287600874599790_100000496396928_1241974_1286479139_n.jpg

Awww you made me cry. She is so beautiful and you have been through so much but looks like it was all worth it in the end.

And plus, when she is a stropy teenager you can use this story against her ! Lol.

ooooooooooh birth stories always make me cry

I want no.2 even more now!!

Beautiful, very emotional birth story! Sydney is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!:cloud9:

Congratulations on the birth of your miracle!:flow:

Absolutely beautiful! Made me cry. Congratulations, she is gorgeous!!!

Awwww the last pic is beautiful.

V xxx

I had a similar birth experience: https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-stories-announcements/648301-13-days-late-50-hour-induction-baby-james-here.html

Congrats! I hope you heal fast fellow red-head!

WOW what a story. So glad she is ok. I must say I to, love the last picture of the two of you. OMG shes so adorable. I love her name. Her face. Congrats.

Congratulations, sounds like a scary experience but she is just such a precious little girl, what a cutie x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->