The Balloon Idea?

H

HB

Hey girls,
I'm sorry if this question is too personal...
For anyone who's a "desperate housewife'er" you'll probably know what i'm babbling on about in my non-sensical way.

When Gabby lost her bean she was taken to a field and given a balloon.
The guy who took her to the field said "this balloon is your babys soul, when you are ready you will be able to let go"

I bawled my eyes out watching that episode, cos i could relate to it, and everytime i have a big cry over my angels Graham suggests doing the balloon, and i always say i'd never be able to let go.

Have you tried it?
Would you consider it?

Again sorry if its too personal, you don't have to answer, i just wondered, cos i'd like to do it but the thought of letting go makes me bawl!!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/princess_h/Fave%20Smileys/flowers.gif

I think it's a lovely idea ....

Just because you relese the ballon doesn't mean you forgetting or lessening the pain ... it's to help you come to terms with the loss, even though sometimes you never will.

Do what you want when your ready ...

Wub you
xxx

I wanted to name a star in time but so far we'd have five stars & not sure I could hold on to those little boxes :(

The star was after the ectopic ordeal but as our MCs have been before 5 weeks maybe its a silly idea. :(

hey honey, we have spoken about this and i would really really like to do it but dont know if i am ready to let go yet...i do want to do it though, maybe going to try and wait for the snow or due date, but that may be even harder...
bxox

Don't think either ideas are silly ... infact they are lovely

you are all a lot braver than me, i can't even bring myself to type about my loss let alone talk about it ...

I just made memory boxes ... got them all ...

xxx

Hey, I never actually saw the programme but the way in which you described it . ie. letting going of your baby's soul - i dont think i would be able to do it and like you i would want to hang on to the bit of ribbon forever. I did however ask my children to "let the wind" take a balloon to their brother at his funeral but i never thought of it as letting go. It was just a way of sending something up to him in heaven.

I have now changed my perspective on a lot of things... seeing the brightest star twinkling in the sky and a butterfly coming into the garden or even the house always lift me and make me smile.

I don't think i described it right....
I can't find the words that i wanted to use...
I think it was more along the lines of "letting go of the pain and anger"
My mind has gone a blank!
Will have to re-watch that episode!!

I like how you asked them to let the wind take the balloon to their brother, thats so so sweet. I like that.

I sit and look at the stars for hours at night, i even talk to them.... makes me feel better knowing my angels are watching over me!

xox

yeah, i think its almost like a step to healing...thats the way i look at it...as saying i love you but i have to move on too kind of...probably not making sense, i dont know how to word it either lol...

how about planting a tree? memory will live on and other stuff
https://www.treesforlife.org.uk/helping/pat_life.html
https://www.nationalforest.org/giftshop/pla_faq.html
https://www.carbonneutral.com/pinfo/plant-a-tree.asp
https://www.worldlandtrust.org/supporting/peanuts.htm
kinda like having a grave you can grieve at but it will grow and things

i'm so not good at this!

I sit and look at the stars for hours at night, i even talk to them.... makes me feel better knowing my angels are watching over me!

I get so disappointed when i go outside in the evening and the sky is full of clouds and i cant see the stars. Heard on the weather report this morning that in my area the skys will be clear for the next few nights....... i got all excited thinking about it, just knowing that i will be able to look up and feel that feeling i cant even describe......... am i going mad or wot?????

:lol: The Men in White Coats will be after me soon im telling ya :?

Lol, i was gonna say that about the men in white coats coming to get me!

I sat in the Garden last night and had a chat and a cry!
Love looking at the stars, and having a chat, and a cry!

I like the tree idea Jase!!

xox

Sorry to but in, but I have considered doing it for my Mum!! xx

I can't remember what it is exactly but it was not about letting their souls go I think it was more about letting 'them' go and be at peace I think? Something like that, but like you Hayley, I too was in tears watching that.

Thanks Tam!
Glad you could explain it!
Sounds more familar(sp)

I think its such a loverly thing to do.... think once i'm feeling "more ready" i'll do it.
And i love Jases suggestion of the tree

xox

I would imagine it is a little box where you keep little reminders of who you have lost......anything that you have from them or reminds you of them, i.e pictires, scans, and so on xx

I have a memory box from our ectopic ordeal inside I have:

The cards & ribbons off the bouquets of flowers I received from friends
My hospital band
A note my OH left for me on the TV in my room
I have pressed flowers from the bouquets to be put in glassed frames
Some of the information/details I was given

Quite little but some things I held on to.

I think that is really sweet, another good idea!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->