The best of Netflix UK

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb idea but I find UK Netflix a bit crap but I know loads of us have it, so thought we could update when we find a good watch, particularly the lesser known films and series.

For example:

Kuma is a really lovely film, though in German with subtitles.

The Wedding Song is also amazing.

Life is Beautiful is a really sad but heartwarming film at the same time.

I hope someone else posts now so I don't look like a total lemon :blush:

Don't have Netflix myself but wanted to say Life is Beautiful is one of my favourite films. Watched it on a whim a few years ago and couldn't believe I hadn't seen it before.

Orange is the New Black is exclusive to Netflix. If you haven't seen it you should. I'm hooked :)

Seconding OITNB! So good :haha:

Orange is The New Black is my new current obsession. I've got through all of season one and more than half of season 2 in a couple of days - I almost cried when I found out season 3 won't be out til 2015!!

Download Hola - it's a browser plugin that fools websites into thinking you're in America. American netflix is way better.

I've just signed to to the trial but don't really rate it. So far I've watched magic mike and 10 things I hate about you! I've got a rubbish taste in films and most I like aren't on there :(

I don't rate it but I will try the movies

Modern family is about all I've watched lately.

I'm loving the TV series I've watched/am watching:

The Good Wife
Damages
Breaking Bad
OITNB
Modern Family
Suits

I want to watch American Horror Story and Arrested Development

Thank god for maternity!

Would like to know about films as they don't seem so good on that front.

I don't use it for films much but I'll be checking out some mentioned on here :thumbup: I only signed up ages ago for Breaking Bad but then I started watching Dexter and loved that. Also watched 24. Orange is the new black - amazing! Just finished the second season of that. American Horror Story. Planning on watching Prison Break. Netflix fills up my evenings :lol:

Oh yes I watched Dexter too, that was the reason I got it in the first place lol.

Orange is The New Black is my new current obsession. I've got through all of season one and more than half of season 2 in a couple of days - I almost cried when I found out season 3 won't be out til 2015!!

Download Hola - it's a browser plugin that fools websites into thinking you're in America. American netflix is way better.

It doesn't work on the TV though which sucks, only on laptop! I actually don't love US Netflix but then again maybe because after binge watching all of the second season of OITNB in one day I've banned myself from getting in to a new series!

Some other good films on there:
Losing Isaiah
Dirty Pretty Things
Hard Candy
Winter's Bone
Veronica Guerin
Quartet
Adventureland
I am Slave
Secretary

But it is definitely pressed for decent films! The best ones I've found are the more unknown and often foreign language ones.

I only signed up to watch breaking bad and oitnb, havent explored the films yet.

Currently im watch pokemon: indigo league. Reminds me of childhood :D

I watch far more kids TV on there than I care to admit. The Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Horrid Henry... yeah :D

Ahh Rugrats was my fav as a kid :lol: didn't realise that was on there!

Omg I love dirty pretty things. That's on my list to watch now.

I'm no good at watching tv series so think maybe it's not for me. I might look into love film.

We really got into Dexter. Hubby watched the office, modern family, IT crowd and breaking bad. We watch alot of kids tv i love tangled :).The hobbit is on their too. Going to check out one of the rom/com fimls tonight.

I'm watching orange is the black atm :) love it

Were not far off finishing bb.. half way thru season 5 (OMG right now all I want to talk about is bb) I'm looking forward to starting oitnb.
I never find many movies on Netflix that I want to watch though. I am more of a TVs series person.
I'm already up to date with modern family.
I have also just sorted out on demand with sky we just need to get a new box which I'll get when I'm back at work.
Would love to hear of some more series worth watching

Fab idea! The netflix layout (on Virgin Media at least) is awful! Can never find anything on it.
Dd2 is currently watching Toy Story 3 on there, that's all I can think of...oh and Pingu...you gotta love a bit of Pingu!
Stalking! :)

I'm a sucker for gossip girl! Once Upon a Time I'm trying to get back into. I like a lot of the documentaries too - Black Fish is good.

I prefer the American Netflix to our UK one as much more choice. Their was another series exclusive to Netflix but I can't remember the name of it but my husband loved it - House of Cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->