The best plan of attack???

Artemis

TTC #1
Reaction score
Ok so its another month, another attempt at TTC. I don't know what to do for the best. What until I get my LH surge, have my OH bide his time for 3-4 days until that point so we have one decent shot OR during my fertile time attempt BD every other day. We have been using the every other day method but without success. Any suggestions? Obviously I can't make OH go too long as this effects sperm...

I am deciding on this myself...makes it more difficult as once you get a pos OPK it could be 1 or 2 days later that you O...so looks like we saved up-this is day 2-and my OPK will be turning pos later today as it is near pos as I woke...but like you...it is difficult to judge. Ideally I think 2-3 days of abstinence and then do it on O day and the day after, but how can anyone gauge that accurately? Or what if you BD and then a day later you O? Just do the best you can.

Hi ladies, we have always had success BDing a day or two before the actual OV day, i.e. go for it on days 12 and 13(with +OV test on day 13). The idea being that the sperm is there waiting for the egg!

(My problem is miscarrying.)

I'm sorry to here that Smiler13. Hope it all works out for you x

So how did it work Artemis? I didn't manage to do as planned as my OPK's were the IC's and didn't gradually get darker as the othe OPK's do and just surprised me one day...so not much planing...what did I do? We BD'd twice a day in anticipation...not the best plan ...but I am tired of trying to win this game...IVF will be a bit of a relief should I do that.

grneyednurse, know what you mean, those IC tests are rubbish, especially if you have lots of water during the day - I have compared them for the last couple of months with clear blue ones (just using the CB ones for a couple of days), and the CB are a million times better, e.g. get a proper, darker line when at same time the IC is still a pale line. Grrr. I never get a really dark line on the IC ones, but know have ovulated as have got pregnant!

Hope it works out for all you ladies soon.

Hi there, i usually lurk but thought i would share my experience. I have been trying to conceive my second for 18 months! I fell pregnant with my first the first month of ttc. Could not uinderstand why i was not conceiving! Tried everything, ovulation kits everything, always bd both fertile days. Had appt to see doctor to get start tests this month. Anyway, i bought a clearblue fertility monitor as a last attempt before starting tests etc last month,. We bd on every high fertile day and both peak days. And finally got my positive pregnancy test this month the first month using it! It is the first month we have done it every day and the monitor was so helpful in telling you days approaching ovulation which the normal tests would not show. Both these things worked for me!

We were about to get tests done, so have no idea whether he had a low sperm count or not. We tried every other day for many many months and that did not work!

I read that you should try every other day around your fertile tiime but just thought we would just try a different approach as it had been 18 months with nothing! Was worth a try!

Didn't get on very well at all this month. Ended up off work on sick leave due to stress. It was really difficult getting myself back there this week and we didn't even attempt BD we were both so tired. Asked to be demoted back to my previous job to reduce stress and have a decent try this month. I am going with the approach of one good go when I get my positive ov test.

I am finding that my husband is feeling the pressure, am impressed with the stamina of those who can do it multiple times! He has a difficult job, we have a toddler etc. etc. Also doesn't like things not to be spontaneous. Is hard to entice him!

Tips welcomed!

hi girls !! im in the same boat only we have been trying for our 4th for near on 2 years ,, no luck so far ,,trying to follow the smep plan this month !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->