The best pregnancy tests - article

justme00

Reaction score
I was reading up on the best early detection pregnancy tests and came across this article : https://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/27/earlyshow/health/main538075.shtml

It explains that testing for hCG is not the same in all women. In 10 percent of pregnant women, the embryo does not implant until after the first day of a missed period (and again, hCG is not produced until the embryo implants in the uterine wall).

"Until implantation, it doesn't matter how sensitive the test is," CR says, "You can't detect the pregnancy before it's producing the stuff that you're measuring, which is hCG."

Even pregnancies that have implanted may produce too little hCG for many at-home tests to detect, especially only a day or two after a missed period and when read after the manufacturer suggested waiting period specified in test packaging.

hmm interesting ... so is it possible to have a short period (like 3/4 days) long and perhaps be pregnant ?

This was encouraging to read....Hopefully I still just have too little HCG to detect. I am going to buy the First Response Tests tomorrow if not AF through the night.​

"Please Dear Lord, let me be a mommy!"

Thanks for the article :)

I have heard better reviews about the clear blue tests on this site just as a side note. The first response didn't do much for me.

yeh, search for first response reviews & you'll see. I think clear blue is better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->