The best words i've been waiting for......

Dona

Reaction score
Today, two ladies at two different places asked what age Archie was. I always reply with his corrected age. So I told them that he's just turned 7 months. Both ladies said that he was BIG for his age and looks about 9-10 months! Wooooooohooooooo. I don't think they realise just how happy they made me feel. He's catching up with his actual age in length and weight. Corrected he's sitting on the 75th line and for his actual the 25th one.

So proud of my miracle baby boy. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Just needed to share that with you all. xxxxx

Hehehe yay for Archie, he is such a big boy! He will be towering over his peers by the time he starts school at this rate, glad it made you happy and glad he is doing so well x

I bet that was brilliant, well done Archie and well done mummy :D

Thats great! I dont think of Molly at her corrected age any more. I dont really think about it much TBH. If people give me a weird look I just add that she was born premature.

Thats brilliant, clever you Archie!! :cloud9:

Oh-and I do the same as you Embojet :flower:

yay! thats fantastic! he's absolutely gorgeous hun! well done both of you :hugs: xx

its a fantastic feeling when people think lo is older/bigger. I also have started to go by actual age xx

Yeah I think from now on I will be going from actual date xx

Thats great hun, he a wee superstar!!

Think be a while afor anyone said that about oor Emma lol!! But its ok being small when your a girl, and she sure makes up for it by using her mouth, ALL THE TIME!!!

xxx

Thats great news. My mum who had her baby Lydia 13 weeks early is concerned, Lydia is 7months old and only weighs 10 pounds, We just cant seem to get her to gain the weight! have you any suggestions? She does have a heart complication so whether this is the cause. I dont know, Lydia still looks newborn.

Well done you though, You must be so proud (h) xx

Thats great news. My mum who had her baby Lydia 13 weeks early is concerned, Lydia is 7months old and only weighs 10 pounds, We just cant seem to get her to gain the weight! have you any suggestions? She does have a heart complication so whether this is the cause. I dont know, Lydia still looks newborn.

Hey there, I really don't have any advice to give you. I know two other prems in the same boat and both Mummies are waiting for an appointment to look at the gut etc. Some babies put weight on well and others struggle. Fortunately, Archie has been a feeder and a grower.

Pass on my regards to your Mum and little Lydia xxxxx

Thats great hun, he a wee superstar!!

Think be a while afor anyone said that about oor Emma lol!! But its ok being small when your a girl, and she sure makes up for it by using her mouth, ALL THE TIME!!!

xxx

Girls sure do have attitude LOL!

Hey huni,

My lo matthew is a slow weight gained at 9 months he's just over 15lb but looks bigger, In Oct our paediatrician was a bit concerned and asked us to get him weaned ASAP and to be honest his weight has not shot up as we thought. HOWEVER, some babies are just petite by nature and im sure baby sister will catch up,

Have they suggested formula or BF supplements to bulk up her diet, where is your mum at with weaning etc? As Dona mentioned sometimes a bit of investigation into digestion is needed but its always to the benefit of the baby.

I know Brooke (DonnaBallona's wee girl) is still a bit small maybe she can offer some advice x

That is great news! Sounds like Archie is really thriving! What are you feeding him? LOL!

I go by actual age as I love people's reaction - totally baffled until I explain, Emily is still on the 9th percentile so still looks like a newborn, to me she is massive now but to others she is tiny...x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->