The big "I" word . . . Infertility

AlaskaWife

1 MMC
Reaction score
"Infertility is defined as a woman under 35 who has not conceived after 12 months of contraceptive-free intercourse."

I just read that in an article. That word, infertility, is terrifying, & now I guess if applies to me.

DH and I have been trying for just over a year now. We have yet to go in for any fertility evaluations. I really want to but I'm so scared. I want the answer to be simply you weren't BD on the right days, or just not enough, I'm so scared of the answer being something so much more.

How can one word carry so much weight. I know it's nothing final, & there is still so much hope, but I hate that word. It sounds so final & so heavy.

:hug: Don't let doctor google worry you :) Go to your GP to discuss options. It may be something simple that can help you conceive. It could even just be the stress of TTC thats stoping you from conciving :)

It's better to go the doctor than worry over something that could be sorted, or some helpful advice that leads to a bfp.

Agree with above poster, doctor google is not the best source and can cause stress.

Slightly different circumstances, but I know my mum tried for years to conceive me, almost went down the IVF route. Yet here I am :)

You just don't know, you're best of finding out though because you're always gonna wonder otherwise :flower:

"Infertility is defined as a woman under 35 who has not conceived after 12 months of contraceptive-free intercourse."

I just read that in an article. That word, infertility, is terrifying, & now I guess if applies to me.

DH and I have been trying for just over a year now. We have yet to go in for any fertility evaluations. I really want to but I'm so scared. I want the answer to be simply you weren't BD on the right days, or just not enough, I'm so scared of the answer being something so much more.

How can one word carry so much weight. I know it's nothing final, & there is still so much hope, but I hate that word. It sounds so final & so heavy.

You should definitely go to a doctor, it can take a long time to figure out what's causing your lack of conception. It can also take a while for an OBGYN appointment (it was 6 months for me) or an RE appointment (another 6 weeks for me). Then there's scheduling the tests and waiting for the results. The sooner you go, the better. It took me a full year TTC, and another year of all of that to finally be able to start Clomid.

Already have that label. Go get checked out. If it's something simple, you'll kick yourself for not getting checked sooner.

Problems have answers and solutions. Only a VERY small percentage of infertility is untreatable.

Thank you everyone. I appreciate all of your encouragement. I'm going to call for an appointment on monday with my gp.

Good for you. Will be praying that if there is an issue it is easy to find, easy to treat, and never comes back. :hugs:

It's a bad label, it doesn't mean you won't have kids! I was really sad too when I reached the 1 year mark of ttc. But on the plus side it means you can get testing and, more importantly, help if you need it. My problem turned out to be easily fixed with a low dose of Clomid and I got pregnant on my first cycle of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->