The birth of Charlie-Jack 4/9/10 x x

lilia

Mummy to CharlieJack :)
Reaction score
After reading everones birth stories for months i finally get to write my own :cloud9:
Its taken me a while to get round to it so here goes...

I was due 8/9/10 and from about 36 weeks onwards i was getting really fed up of being pregnant. I was getting hardly any sleep and it just felt like i would never have my baby! In the week before i went into labour i was convinced i was going to go over as i just had no signs at all. I drank rasberry leaf tea, dtd, and walked miles to try and get things going!

4th September started like any other day, i wasn't expecting anything because i'd had no signs and i really was convinced i was going to have an overdue baba! At 8.30am OH set off to do a shop at Tesco and i was just reaching for my cereal when i felt a 'pop' and a trickle of water down my leg! I squelched to the front door and shouted OH who luckily had only reached the end of the road! We decided he should go to tesco and i would wait because we thought that i would probably be in labour all day and i wanted to be at home! I felt a strange sense of calm and then began doubting it was my waters! I got on here and asked if everyone thought it was, then i went to feed the dog and literally gave her a shower at the same time! Yep definitley my waters! However after about 10 mins the colour changed from a clear pinky colour to green and sludgy which i knew was meconium.
(I've just realised how much i've wrote and i'm only at waters breaking! Sorry this might be looong!!)
I rang the hospital and they said come straight in, don't shower or anything just get straight there so i rang OH to come back then i put some make up on haha :haha:
I got to triage and was put on the monitor for an hour, then the midwife said "because of the meconium you are going down to delivery NOW and you will not be leaving this hospital until you have had your baby, which will almost definitley be today" I was in a state of shock and excitement then! I had gone from having no symptoms to being told i was having my baby that day, all in the space of an hour!!
A midwife came and took me down to delivery, and i was still leaking a steady stream of watery green sludge! ew! One thing nobody had told me was that your water replenishes itself and it didnt stop until i had my baby!! Once at delivery i got in my nightie then got on to the bed and was examined and was 1cm. Then i was put on the monitor and the midwife explained that i wouldnt be able to leave the bed til i had the baby because i needed to be constantly monitored :(
Then i was put on a sytocinon(sp?) drip and the fun started! My contractions were easily managable at first and it was really relaxed, i was just lay on the bed chatting to my OH, mum, auntie and the two midwives, with Magic radio on in the backround! By this time is was 2.30pm. The midwife gradually turned up the drip and the contractions got stronger and stronger. She told me she would check me again internally at 7.30pm so i was counting down in half hours , like '5 half an hours to go etc.!!'. The pain was increasing and i was managing fine on the TENS machine. I would definitley reccomend getting one it helped me so much! They began to come a lot stronger at around 3.30pm which is when my labour was officially classed as started. Soon the contractions got so strong i had to really concentrate on getting through them , and i started using gas and air. Quite quickly they were coming 5 in ten minutes and i was struggling with the pain so the midwife offered pethadine, so i had that and i could really see that it took the egde off the pain. I loved the next part of my labour i was just lay propped up on the bed soo relaxed, just listening to everyone chat and laugh. I really did enjoy it, although the nasty contractions kept interrupting me lol! I could see on the machine when they were going to come and i was getting fed up of them so i was saying 'not another, why do i have to have another' :haha:
Soon enough 7.30pm came round and by this time i was really in a lot of pain. I was examined and was 5-6cm which i was happy about as i was really expecting to be about 3cm!
Well now the proper hardwork started! The contractions were coming on top of each other and were soo painful! I asked for another shot of pethadine but the midwife said no, not until 8.10 so then i said 'then i want an epidural!' The anesthetist came to see me and was just explaining everything , and he mentioned remifentinal which i had completely forgotten about. So i changed my mind and asked for that instead! They were setting it all uo for me and by this time i was in unbelieveable pain. I had my legs open and there were allsorts of people coming in and out and i didnt care!! In what seemed to be about 10 mins it came to 8.45 and the midwife said she could see his head and did i want to push. Now before she said it i hadnt felt any urge but i started pushing away! Then i felt a horrific feeling, like a large football up there! it felt gross! And then the burning! Now i've read a lot of birth stories and they all mention the burning, but it was still like nothing i could have expected! It hurt that much i didnt want to push again because i didnt want to feel it again! I pushed though and in a few short pushes my boy was out. OH cut the cord and because of the meconium Charlie-Jack was taken straight to the resucitaire and had to be checked by paediatricians. H was fine and was quickly wrapped up and brought to me :cloud9: It was true then, they hadn't been telling me lies, there really was a baby in there :haha: I couldnt believe i had a baby!
This part i hated! I just wanted to cuddle my baby but the midwife came and stuck a needle in me which for some reason really hurt, then the placenta was delivered. She then got a big lamp and shined it on my area while sticking her hands in checking if i had torn or needed stitches. OOoowww! It didnt half make me shout! 'Get her off me ' LOL
Luckily i had just a small cut which didn't need stitching. Charlie-Jack was then weighed and he was a healthy 7lb9oz :cloud9:
Then the midwife left us , with the promise of toast but didnt re-appear for abour 3 hours! I managed to get a shower by myself and was shocked to feel down there haha! Pete Burns lips was the thought that sprung into my head and if you don't know who he is google him! LOL ! Well i will leave you with that thought! Thank-you for reading, sorry its long!! I will try to add pics if i can work out how!!!
x x x

Just wanted to say congratulations on your little boy!!! Will have a look at Peter Burns lips hahahaha Can't wait to see some pics as well!

xxx

congratulations, great birth story hun looking forward to the pics xx

awwh!! congrats hun!!! what a great birth story, not half as frightening as some others sound :) :)

Congratulations Hope Pete Burns Lips have calmed down now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->