The Birth of Erin 4/3/11

holly2234

Reaction score
Wednesday 2nd March.

Had reduced movements in the morning so decided to go to hospital to get monitored and check on things as i was already 40+5. Everything turned out fine and they gave me a sweep to try and get things moving but booked an induction for the following wednesday just in case.

Thursday 3rd March.

Had irregular contractions all day getting a bit stronger throughout the day. Went to bed at 7pm to try and get some sleep. As soon as i lay down i felt a pop. It was my waters but because of the angle i was in, we ended up with no mess!

I called the hospital as soon as it happened and they told me to come in. When i got there i was examined and told i was 1cm dilated. That midwife was very rude and stabbed me with a pen and didnt seem apologetic in the slightest! She said to go home but instead we went to the cafe and sat for about half an hour. By that time i felt the urge to push so went to the toilet as it was the only place i felt comfortable. After 15 minutes in there i decided to go and get examined again but they refused and said i was still in early stages and sent me home to have a bath.

Friday 4th March.

About midnight i was struggling to hold her in but the midwife at the hospital said its normal to feel like that when i rang her. She said to get in the bath and call back at 12:30 so i did. With every contraction i had to literally hold myself shut! With that phone call she said i can go in if it makes me feel better but that i wouldnt be staying. After the car journey from hell in total silence as i tried to concentrate on holding her in i rushed back into the toilet and the midwife (same one that i spoke to on the phone) said she wouldnt examine me where i was. Eventually i managed to get off the toilet but was still trying to hold her in and they kept ignoring me saying she was coming.

I finally got to a room but it wasnt equipped with what we needed as the shower was broken so they probably hadnt planned to use it but they closed labour suite after i arrived as they were completely full.

Stilll no midwife came! I sent my OH to find somebody but they all kept saying she wasnt going to come out. Finally a midwife came who listened and examined me and said i was fully dilated and that i could finally push. I was on all fours on the bed to start with but i wasnt comfortable so they rushed around looking for a birthing stool for me. It was a really good position for me as id been only comfortable sitting on the toilet and there was a seat behind it so my OH could sit behind me.

It was 2am by that time and i was able to push comfortably. I was having very short contractions so couldnt push for very long with each one but by 2:30am on the dot, she arrived and was born onto a pillow on the floor. Her cord was around her neck but after they took it off she went pink and cried a little and was handed straight to me. Chad cut the cord and the placenta was delivered.

I then got examined and they found no tears. Just a small graze and some bruising.

So after a bit of a shock for the midwifes and a very calm birth with no pain relief, Erin was born weighing 7lb 11.5oz and 19 inches long at 2:30am. She was 7 days over due.

We were allowed to go home 3 hours 45 minutes after the birth but had to wait an extra hour while they found some vitamin K for me to take home.

The photo is our family at 10 hours old.

Attachments

• DSCF0156.jpg
    DSCF0156.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 203
Congratulations! She's gorgeous! x

congratulations!!

shocking that the midwives didnt listen to you bout needing to push though!

Congratulations! :hugs:

Wow... After such a good experience at QMC, your story shocked me :hugs: What a bitch! x

Ah well done you! can't believe they didn't believe you! congratulations!

I can't believe they did that! Right when I said I felt like I needed to push the checked me and I was fully dialeted (went from 4cm-10cm in 30 minutes) I would have been cussing someone out saying get the F in here before I punch you lol. But congrats on your baby...with NO pain relief!!! She is beautiful and you guys look so happy! I can't believe you were home that soon! In the US you stay for 2 nights after the birth for a normal birth.

Anyways main point....CONGRATS on baby Erin!! See over in teen parenting :)

awwwwww!! Congratulations at last <3
midwifes really should learn to listen to US more!! Well done she's beautiful x

Aww well done you with no pain relief!!! Can't believe the midwives were so rude and kept blowing you off though, I would've gone mad at them!! Huge congrats on your baby girl!

xoxox

I can't believe the care (or lack there of) that you got. Glad to hear everything went well. The cord around her neck sounds scary but glad she fine! (I would want to go home pretty quickly after all that too!)

Congrats! Wonderful family photo!

wow, what a story! you are such a trooper! Way to go and Congrats!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->