The birth of Harry Reg Brewer 11lb 5oz !!

emmi26

Pregnant
Reaction score
Well finally ive got a minute so here it is the birth story of baby harry and as he weighed 11lb 5oz it didnt exactly go to plan!!
my induction was booked for 26th nov i'd had no sign of labour and in a last attempt to move him i had 2 sweeps 48 hrs apart the first one did nothing so i had the second on tuesday 23rd nov nothing happened. when i woke up wed morning i was wet but not soaked and had a bloody show and plenty of mucus coming out phoned labour ward who said i should wait 4 hrs see if pains start if not go in to check if waters have gone as it could just be a heavy show. if they do the mw will be sent to asses me for my home birth !!
half an hour later and the sharp period pains began so i rang back and was told my mw would be there in half an hour. the pains were bearable but painful and i was pacing about my mw had gone to fetch gas and air so a different one arrived she said she didnt think my waters had gone and my cervix was the same as at my sweep the day before 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. it was decided i should go across to hospital to check which was a painful waste of time as i struggled to keep still and sit in the car and the mw there didnt know anyway and simply said it could be false labour from the sweep!!
so i arrived back home pains were agony now but not regular sometimes 5 mins apart sometimes 15 and with the mws words about false labour i was paniced if false labours this painful how the hell will i cope with an induction on friday!! by 3pm my pains were agony my ribs were being crushed and i was getting upset as they were still quite irregular i would have one every 5 mins for an hour but then nothing for 15 mins. so my sister called my lovely mw who said she would come immediately. she arrived and asked if i would like her to check for progress remember at the hopital at 12pm my cervix was the same as before. i was convinced it would not have changed but i was 4cm and fully effaced !!!!:happydance:
i finally felt like something was happening and this was real labour!!!
my mw said she would stay now she sat down and i was pacing she called for another mw because my daughter had arrived quickly. so i continued and she re examined me at 7pm i was 9cm !!! my waters were bulging but the problems had begun :cry:
babys head was too high he hadnt moved down at all and now my waters were bulging in front of his head if they went my babys cord could prolapse and so an ambulance was called. i was distraught id been in labour 14 hrs almost and now the one thing i didnt want was happening.
my mw came in the ambulance with me and my sister rode in the front we arrived in 10 mins flat and i was taken to a lovely birth suite. my mw then handed over my care to another senior mw who was lovely and promised to ring the next day. i was upset i wanted her to deliver my son she had cared for me the whole pregnancy !
i was told i would need to go to theatre to have my waters broken so if the cord prolapsed i could have a c section. first though i asked for an epidural id had enough the pains were agony and after 18 hrs i was tired. so my epi was done and i felt better but i could still feel pain in my ribs. i was taken to theatre and the lovely lady dr broke my waters it was full of meconium you could smell it the water was greeny yellow but as my babys hb was fine they weren't worried it can happen in overdue babies but they had to closely monitor him. luckily the cord didnt prolapse and i had a drip put in to bring on stronger more regular contractions to push baby down more his head had come down when the waters were gone but he needed to move more.
they left me with the drip for four hours after 2 the pain in my ribs was unbearable the mw felt and said babys bum and legs were being squashed into my ribs with every contraction. nothing could be done about that so i had to put up with it. baby coped well apart from twice when his hb dipped but he soon settled they think the hormone drip was turned up too high and thats why he struggled a bit but he was fine just me that was terrified!!
after 4 hours i felt like my body was changing it seemed to be pushing on its own !!!!!!!! my mw returned shed been checking me every 10 mins and said baby was coming !!!!:happydance::happydance:
so i pushed for 20 mins luckily the epi was still working on my lower half because i got a 2nd degree tear. i pushed hard as i could and you dont realise how hard you have to push till you do it!! then they told me he needed to come out slowly so i did it less hard and finally baby harry arrived totally green from meconium with thick dark hair. he looked up at me and blinked he was so so calm!!! (prob why he was sooo late!!!!) then he cried and weed everywhere!!! he'd arrived 24 hrs before his induction date!!
the mws took guesses at his weight my mw said she thought he was 10lb she went to get a conversion chart and came back white she said hes 11lb 5oz ive never seen anyone deliver a baby that size naturally my mw nearrly passed out when told shed tried to deliver a 11lber at home!!!!
so there you go the very traumatic birth of harry 24 hrs in labour a 2nd degree tear and my stomach muscles have been pulled apart so i have to be careful he spent the whole pregnancy on my left side so my muscles parted in the middle!!!
but here he is my gourgeous baby boy Harry now all he needs is a birth certificate if i ever escape the snow to get to the register office!!!
love you all girls you've really all made me feel so happy with yr messages and im watching you all for the arrival of more beautiful babies!!!!! x x
:hugs:
Harry Reg Brewer 25th november 2010 at 4.30 am x x
https://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy270/emmi26_2010/harry014.jpg

Sorry you had such a bad time in Labour! But your little man is beautiful! I love his hair!! :)
:happydance: Congratulations xxxxx

awe! that must have been sooooo traumatic, but i'm sooo glad you and baby Harry are fine.. and hes soo cuuute!! :) well done babe!! <3

ah wow well done going through all of that, he is gorgeous, congrats xx

He's so gorgeous!!! Hope you are recovering well, and not too sore.... x x x x

Aww..what a lovely big boy! Great name choice too!:thumbup:

Congratulations, he is scrummy! Well done to you! xx

Aww harry is adorable hun! look at his lovely dark hair, well done! xx

blue light ambulance to the hospital must have been so scary, so glad to hear that Harry arrived safe n sound. What a great job you did! Harry is just gorgeous!

Well done sweetie you're amazing and he's gorgeous!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->