The blues

FTB2017

Reaction score
So things were going swimmingly up until about 5 days ago. My wife has been kind of sad and distant...shes mentioned she feels "useless" and tired all the time. She's pretty quick to cry for seemingly no reason. She mentioned that the things I'm doing for her now that I failed to do before are almost making her feel guilty...I've also lost about 60lbs in the last 5 months, she's thrilled but feels huge. Alot of our issues pre pregnancy dealt with my complacency and reluctance to change...I've made those changes and I think it is new for her or hard to take in...any advice on what I can do to help?

Just hang in there and be supportive. Not much else you can do. Pregnancy is a difficult time. I remember being exhausted from being exhausted and worried. I cried at the drop of the pin, felt unattractive, useless and itched all over. My DH was very supportive and it helped a whole lot. I'm sorry things are so hard.

I agree with the previous post. A lot is going through her mind right now and all you can do is listen, encourage and support her. I love my husband but there are nights I kick him out of the bedroom to the couch so I can have the bed to myself and get a good nights sleep. ( he snores and tosses like crazy) he just says fine and gives me my space. its hard. I know when I'm being super unreasonable and grouchy but I can't stop myself. Feed me and I'll be happy lol. Help her set up the nursery and all those other baby things and maybe she'll start to feel better.

A lot is probably going on for her. The second trimester is often called the best trimester, but it hasn't been for me. I have been feeling down on and off since around 12 weeks or maybe even earlier. I talked to my doctor at my 16 and 20 week appointments about it, and at 24 weeks it was still persisting so we are trying medication. Antenatal depression is discussed a lot less than postnatal depression, but it is a real thing.

Funny my husband also lost 60+lbs recently, and although I haven't gained my this pregnancy it makes me feel a bit jealous because I was planning to get healthy and lose weight with him. I'm managing to keep my weight gain in a better range than I have in previous pregnancies, but it just isn't the same.

I hope it is nothing serious and it will pass soon, there are a lot of hormonal changes that happen and I hope it is short lived! Please don't be judgmental, frustrated, or angry, it doesn't help.

Thanks for the replies...yesterday I actually did a ton of work in the nursery while she was napping and she seemed pretty pumped. It's in and out and I see her trying to put on a good facade.

I hope it's just a swing in hormones and it will clear up quickly, pregnancy is such an ever changing time for women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->