The brain is a very powerful tool - warning - RANT HERE

Caterpiller

Not cooperating
Reaction score
The brain has the ability to do some amazing things - I would like to ask the medical establishment why they aren't putting more money in to analysing the brain and how it tricks us in to thinking we might be pregnant. They would make a fortune.

It manifests all these symptoms - the nausea, headaches, cramps in the left ovary, cramps in the right ovary, cramps behind the bellybutton, stuffy noses, spotting, cervical mucus of every description, constipation, diarrhoea, farting, burping, moods swings, tears, uncontrollable laughter and the real kicker - :bfp: dreams.

Right now I hate my brain and my body for failing me so miserably. You *******s.

Stop the train, I want to get off.

Aww hun :hugs:
Your post has echoed my thoughts when the silly ol:witch: turned up at the beginning of this cycle....I had been Sooo convinced:dohh:

Hang in there sweetie, we'll get there

:hug:

This month, not a symptom in sight. And I am STILL gutted.... I had convinced myself that no symptoms was a symptom!!!

I was talking to a friend last night who is a psychotherapist and she really believes in something called creative visualisation, where you can think your dreams true. She said that if you want something enough it will happen (surely this can't happen in all cases (?), but I see what she is saying).

Yes, the brain is such a powerful thing, so - on the flip side - maybe we can think, or visualise ourselves pregnant?

Su, I wish that was true! because I have such a strong imagination! I can imagine myself not only nauseaus, but also with really big belly, few nights ago I dreamed i'M actually in labour. If all it's take is visualisation, I'd def pg :)

<going to visualise more symptoms right now. any suggestion?>

Coming to the end of one cycle I said to OH, if I am not pregnant I will check myself into a mental institute!

I was so sure because of all the symptoms!

Crazy!!

Omg this month i was exactly in the same Cranky Situation!!!!! I had every symptom under the sun and then KABOOM AF turned up!

Its cruel isnt it!

I know the feeling, I was so sure I was pregnant once I made my AF lighter, the brain is a powerfull thing

Caterpilla I agree with you totally. I'm having the same problem.
strange stomach pains, feeling sick, headaches etc
I'm 7 days late but still a BFN but no sign of AF.

Aw thanks ladies - feeling slightly less 'loony' like - :dust: to all

Thank you for posting this! I totally convinced myself last week that i was nauseous and exhausted. I even found when i brushed my hair that no hair was falling out (i read that your hair doesn't fall out while you are pregnant...). I am so relieved to read that i am not on my own with this. I felt like such a fool when i came on and it made me so upset (am ttc after a miscarriage and my 'due date' is nearing so am putting extra pressure on myself).

How do we con ourselves in to keeping calm and not imagining symptoms?? Any tips ladies? I almost feel like i need to lose hope of conceiving in order to chill and i am finding that impossible as i am generally a pretty positive person. Cor, looks like a good diversion is needed :o)

totally agree.. I was convinced this month, absolutely convinced. Temps were high, bbs hurt like hell, was exhausted every day.. but then, there's the bloody witch, back again.

those last few days before AF comes are actually like torture, I feel like my body is ganging up on me to make me feel miserable on AF day!

x

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Last month I was having symptoms that I didn't even know were actually symptoms!

Oh Blondee - am so sorry - it's stories like yours that always make me realise how lucky I am - I think we should launch symptom spotters anonymous - SSA - it's ass spelt backwards, which is how most of us feel when the :witch: shows up - bless you honey and a :bfp: for you soon

SSA! I love it :happydance: That could be a great diversion! We can confess to our craziest supposed symptoms and one day they will be real ones!!

Thanks for your kind words.

X

I'm right there with you caterpillar .... last month my body which generally runs like clockwork on a 28 day cycle (pretty much to the hour!), decides to throw in a 30 day cycle just to mess with my head Normally I'm so good at not symptom spotting; I always thought because i'm usually so regular, that there's no point getting excited until AF is late - but once she is late thats pretty muc it

bloody wrong I was :(

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Last month I was having symptoms that I didn't even know were actually symptoms!

Been there, done that! It creeps me out so hard when I find out that I'm having symptoms that I didn't know were symptoms and then I'm not actually pregnant anyway. Why would my body give me symptoms I couldn't even spot since I didn't know they were pertinent? I'm so fed up with my body most days! Grrr!

This topic is the exact reason why I try to stay away from this board and all things related to ttc during my tww. Seriously, I will be going into my 2ww in a few days, and I did that to myself in June (our unofficial first month of ttc). I seriously thought I had the following symptoms:

daily headaches (from about 5 dpo, and I never get headaches)
lots of "uterus" pains (convinced myself it was implantation)
slight nausea
Very frequent urination (I always pride myself on my bladder of steel, and for some reason, had to pee lots)
spotting about 12 dpo (it was early brown blood indicating AF was on her way, I was convinced it was implant spotting)

SO...needless to say, I was terribly shocked when AF arrived (on schedule). I HONESTLY think because there was even a REMOTE possibility I could be pregnant, I GAVE myself those symptoms. Honestly.

In my past 2 pregnancies, I never obsessed, and I probably had all of those syptoms but never really noticed.

So for July's TWW, I completely put it out of my mind as best as I could, never visited this board daily, and guess what? NO SYMPTOMS!!! hmmmmm, I doubt it was a coinsidence.

This month I am doing the same thing...I read all about everyone's symptoms's, and next thing I know...I have the same symptom! So enough for me...if my AF doesn't show, I'll test, but I am not going to drive myself insane anymore symptom spotting...it causes too much grief and sadness when AF arrives (and I only did this for one month, so I don't know how you ladies that do this every month cope!!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->