The Business of Giving Birth documentary

Her water did break in the cab LOL I don't think the midwife was going to do the home birth since the baby was still breech and so early. I like that the midwife had the back up doctor for delivery and he's the one that ended up delivering the director. I found it quite comical how the movie was based on natural birth and the director ends up having a C Section. But I think it made the documentary more interesting, showing there ARE reasons for C Sections.
I think the baby was in the NICU for 3-4 weeks after birth, but I didn't catch that part until I watched it the second time.

I found the c section at the end was definitely comical too but , it made the documentary so that you could see the different sides of birth and while they were trying to show u birth can be peachy, they were also trying to show you that sometimes even though you want a home birth that sometimes it doesn't happen and that a hospital and OB is needed!!

Basically they made the documentary to show that their are options, know your options this is your birth and dont be pushed around!!

Although, with me being high risk, I do know my options and dont want to be pushed around but in high risk it seems doctors know whats best as you are made to deliver in a hospital and you are basically more on edge about options for the baby (such as forceps,vaccum) because you feel that you are "high risk" and that what they say goes. My doctor has told me many times that because I am high risk it is important to listen to him such as not to engage in sex because of weak cervix and to get the stitch put in to hold cervix closed (I went against that) I almost feel as if I dont listen to him I will be making a bad decision for baby. I wouldnt feel this way if I wasn't high risk though!!

Ill deffinitely be writing a detailed birth story of my high risk birth to see if I feel any different about it when its all said and done!

sorry i got carried away lol!! xx I just feel so jipped of my pregnancy/birth because of this high risk label!

I saw this at the beginning of my pregnancy, but I'm going to watch it again. Can't remember it. Damn pregnancy brain!

Divine Beauty, I am not "technically" high risk but anytime you are having a VBAC you do run the risk of a uterine rupture so I know there is risk. At 28 weeks I changed from a "let's schedule your c section and do it early so I can be home by lunch" OB who really was more about the business side to a wonderful OB who is very much about the mom and baby and making it the birth you want as long as all is safe for mom and baby. I was just in the decision stage of deciding to change OB's when I watched this and decided I had a right to at least a second opinion. I am sooooo much happier now that I have changed doctors. And even if I have a repeat C Section then at least I had a choice :)
Doctors and OB's are definitely needed, like our situations. Buit it is so nice to know we can still have choices and at least find one working for us rather than for their golf schedule :)

I looooove that documentary. While it was definitely weighted, I found it really non-judgmental of women who decide on other options for giving birth. No matter what methods you choose, I think it's great that there are people out there who try to make women knowledgeable of what choices are available. :)

I watched it when I first got pregnant, and it convinced DH and I to try a waterbirth at home....now it's almost here and she's breech, looks like we will be forced to c-section. SO BUMMED!

Sadly birth is often weighted TOWARD a hospital and medicated birth by default. So while it was weighted, definitely informative. Sorry about your water birth :( Hopefully he turns! Have you tried swimming on your belly? I've heard that can help even if you're far along!

Im downloading it and orgasmic birth right now! I guess i'll have a movie day sunday LOL. Doubt DH will want to join me :rofl:

I watched that in the beginning of my pregnancy. Although it was very weighted to one side, I did like the documentary. I found some of the points very interesting.

Enjoy your orgasmic birth movie this weekend!! :flower:

My hubby watched it with me and really got a lot out of it! Your hubby might surprise you :) Let me know how Orgasmic Birth is. I almost watched it. Nearing 37 weeks. Gonna be having some O's over here trying to get baby out! LOL

zoesmommy - check out spinningbabies.com

and re water breaking in the car: puppy pads and shower curtains and towels. dont ruin your upholstery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->