The Business of Giving Birth documentary

Zoesmommy

Reaction score
Has anyone seen it? I have watched it twice now. It is one of the reasons I switched doctors at 28 weeks and am trying for a VBAC. I think it is very informational!

Ooh, do you have a link to it? I've never seen it

Ive also never seen this!! I would be very interested in a link as well xx

https://www.moviewatch.in/movie-5995-The-Business-of-Being-Born

try this, click download now.. i think this is it

Going to watch now, I will come back with my 2 cents! Ive heard about this movie, but I had my son in 2006 and it wasnt out yet so I didnt see any point in watching it until now, when I am pregnant lol

Thanks for the link hun xx

Business of being born is one of my favorite documentaries. I love it. I think every woman should watch it and know she has options, and KNOW that she should not be scared of giving birth!!!

Its on my list... last I checked it was available on Netflix instant watch too for those interested!

I've watched it. That's why I'm going the water birth and midwife route. It's very good.

https://www.moviewatch.in/movie-5995-The-Business-of-Being-Born

try this, click download now.. i think this is it

Run your antivirus after, if you down loaded this link, I went to down load it and got a malware waring a virus attached, my DH is a Computer tec so I have a brill anti virus! just giving a heads up just incase for any one, check after wards so you can get rid of one if its there before it causes any problems :thumbup:

Off to find it else were now or may have to let DH get it for me :flower:

Yes I've seen it and got my mum to watch with me. She was in awe....have tried to encourage as many pregnant friends as possible to watch it :)

Well I watched it lastnight lol, with Oh and he was quite put off by some of the scenes LOL! I didnt know it was going to be like that , should of figured!! It was a really good documentary though to know all your options and not let the hospitals push you around, but unfortunately I am a high risk pregnancy and was never allowed a midwife so I am stuck with an OB who is fairly pushy with inductions and such but he says all for medical reasons (makes me second guess him now too!!)

One thing I thought was interesting is the lady who had the 3 lb baby why was she not rushed to the hospital right away to try and stop the birth, the midwife just shoved her hand up there to see if she was dialated and probably aggrivated the cervix so she did end up in full blown labour I was a bit off about that!!

Other then that was a great documentary and I do reccomend it to people to watch it! Very informational for sure!

xxx

wow what an eye opener, its so true when the doctor says yr baby is in distress we need to do this etc you dont look at it as being a question you ust think they know whats best and do as they say, thats how I felt during the birth of my eldest, and my last but he was prem so they I would of assumed knew what to do for the best.
With my middle child I had a very old afro-carribean mw who stayed with me reminding me of the old indian ladies on the programme who used to be the mw in the states.
My mw was fantastic and encouraged me to squat giving birth i needed no pain relief what so ever xx

Has anyone found a safe working link for this? I looked at Netflix but its only available if you live in the states and I dont want to use any link that can give you a virus. I saw that you can buy it on amazon but its only region 1 and EU is region 2 :(

It is on Netflix instant play. As for the 3 lb baby the baby was breech and not getting any nourishment in the womb. Doctors and midwives can check you prior to 37 wks but try not to. I think the mw (it's the director/film maker who was in labor) was verifying dilation since the lady was already in labor. Obviously if she were 8 cm, knowing the baby was breech they probably would have called an ambulance instead of a cab. But since she was only 2 cm they got her in a cab and to the hospital quickly. New York cab drivers often drive faster than ambulance drivers LOL

You can do a (paid) online rental at the documentary's website.

I've seen it several times and I thought it was pretty good overall. I thought the ending was confusing and contradictory (we talked about this at length in another thread in pregnancy club, probably 3 months ago.) Things like, because of her dates it would be illegal for the mw to attempt a home birth, and was it IUGR or just the fact that the baby was early, and so on.

I thought there was some good information, but I thought they could have done such a better job too portraying both the home birth advocates as well as the doctors.

I also watched Orgasmic Birth recently and thought it was interesting as well. I think the title is just for shock value, and the births they show on there actually look less comfortable than the ones on the Business of Being Born.

It is on Netflix instant play. As for the 3 lb baby the baby was breech and not getting any nourishment in the womb. Doctors and midwives can check you prior to 37 wks but try not to. I think the mw (it's the director/film maker who was in labor) was verifying dilation since the lady was already in labor. Obviously if she were 8 cm, knowing the baby was breech they probably would have called an ambulance instead of a cab. But since she was only 2 cm they got her in a cab and to the hospital quickly. New York cab drivers often drive faster than ambulance drivers LOL

Ooh okay thank you for clarifying, I was just shocked at what was going on with that baby, but it seemed in the documentary the baby didnt have many problems and went home soon after. I can understand calling a taxi rather then an ambulance in newyork LOL as a woman in labor would scare the crap out of a cabby and he WOULD drive fast!! haha an ambulance would just see it as the regular birth...and truck along as fast as he thinks he can..!!! lol

Either way good documentary. And I watched the link just fine , just ran a antivirus after as an OP suggested and computer is working just fine!

lol, I imagine the taxi cab driver doesn't want to have to clean out a mess in his cab :rofl:

Her water did break in the cab LOL I don't think the midwife was going to do the home birth since the baby was still breech and so early. I like that the midwife had the back up doctor for delivery and he's the one that ended up delivering the director. I found it quite comical how the movie was based on natural birth and the director ends up having a C Section. But I think it made the documentary more interesting, showing there ARE reasons for C Sections.
I think the baby was in the NICU for 3-4 weeks after birth, but I didn't catch that part until I watched it the second time.

note to self: put plastic bag on the seat for the car ride to the hospital :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->