• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The constant worry has finally made me break down :(

mamarix16

Pregnant with baby #3!
Reaction score
Hi girls, I am on my third beautiful baby and I suffer terribly from anxiety and worry which gets especially bad during pregnancy - I worry every second of every day that my baby is going to stop moving, that something is going to go terribly wrong, that I am going to be a stastistic - I have held it together until today (only getting 2 hours sleep due to worry) I have been weeping all day and feel beyond desperate just to have my baby here with me - I am on Sertraline 50mg a day but I havent stopped crying all day knowing I have 5 weeks left of constant, agonising fear - I just dont know what to - I dont know how I am going to get through - I have a section booked at 39 +2 but the stupid hospital has said to me oh we have booked your c section but we will most certainly cancel as there are more important people than you which has upset me terribly :( I am just a mess really sorry to moan I just wanted to get this off my chest xxxxx

Is there someone you can speak to? The stress you're putting your body through by being so upset over stuff that is SO unlikely to happen, can effect the baby too. It may seem totally plausible right now that baby stops moving but you will have a happy healthy baby! Everytime an irrational thought goes through your head tell yourself with positive self talk that it WILL be ok, go outside, go for a walk, do something to shake the moment up. This kind of stress isn't good for either you or baby, try to see if you can speak to someone and treat yourself kindly!

Thank you so much for the post, it is true I know stress is not good at all but I just cant seem to help it - I have battled with anxiety all my life but cant believe how bad it gets when I am pregnant :( I think I will have a chat to my midwife at my next appointment - you are so sweet thank you!

What support are you getting? Have you been referred to a mental health midwife or women's health counsellor or anything? These sorts of services vary by area but do ask what other support is available.
X

Use music, books, or movie to engage your brain. Once they have your interest and you are preoccupied you will notice u are worrying less. I have 5 weeks left too and have been worrying about my baby stopping moving too. Not to the extent u describe but I feel I can remotely relate. But definitely talk to your doctor. Good luck!

Mine has not reached that level but I definitely have irrational thoughts. I worry a lot and keep feeling like I won't be one of the "lucky" ones. But I have a history of ptsd/anxiety/depression. I'm not on anything currently. Sometimes I feel like, why is everyone talking about Eddie's future with no hint of worry? Why do people assume everything will be ok?

I already knew that we only wanted to have one child and adopt later, but the stress of this experience (though wonderful at times!!) has solidified those plans.

I definitely agree with what others are saying though - talk to your doc or someone and get support. I try to tell myself to stay calm as I don't want to stress the baby. My support system know my issues and history and are very helpful.

I am sorry that you are feeling this way. I can definitely related. I haves severe anxiety myself. I went off my medicine when I found out I was pregnant. I made it until about 18 weeks when I had to go back on because the anxiety was so bad I was falling into a severe depression. I worried everyday about the baby and was he ok. I am on medicine now but it is still a constant struggle. I told my DH today that I can not wait to just have him here and to not be in a constant anxious state. 9 months is along time to always be anxious. I worry every day about if he is moving enough or not. He has very busy days and then quieter days. Those panic me. my doctor actually started seeing me every two weeks back when it was still month appointments because I couldn't make it that long. Now I am at weekly appointments and they are still long. I am considered high risk so they are going to deliver me no later than 39 weeks which is just under 4 weeks for me. I am just trying to get by until then. I don't really have much advice about how to deal as I am barely getting by myself but i do understand how you feel. We are almost there. We can make it.

I'm so sorry you're going through this hun, i hope your midwife can refer you to someone to talk to. I've been on anti anxiety meds for my whole pregnancy, i knew I wouldn't cope without them. Make sure everyone who's looking after you is aware of this, you deserve some extra care atm to get through this. I amdoing fine atm but I can definitely relate to just wanting baby out and in my arms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->