The day you were born...

I'm frightened by how many people were born to No. 1s that I was dancing to at school discos!!

I was dancing to most of these in disco's in the pubs!!:dohh:

The first one on here- Rick Astleys Never Gonna give You Up, I can remember going to the local Golf Range on a Thursday night, drinking pints of snakebite, and dancing to that with my fiance!! Shit I'm old!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: I actually own it on 12" vinyl!!!! :blush:

EDIT - okay, now I feel even older. I've just checked my 18th birthday, and it was I Owe You Nothing by Bros!
OK, you pip me to the post but if it's any consolation I probably also have this on 12"! (Though my fab '80s collection tends not to allow in much Stock Aitken Waterman! lol)

Mine was Tie a Yellow Ribbon round the old Oak Tree
If it helps, I've got this on 7"!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
The sun always shines on the TV - A ha.
What on earth?? Im going to have to go on youtube to see if i can listen to it, neve heard of it before.
God, this was (arguably is) my all-time favourite! I loved A-ha, still do, and this was the best song with a great vid. Ah, sexy Morton Harket... I guess you didn't recognise him when he hosted Eurovision in Norway a few years back? Still sexy even now! He was the first love of my life, then Simon Le Bon...

You're telling me! I'm looking at everyone's lists singing away. Yup loved that one, loved that one... lmao!

Me too Helen!!! Someone on here's got T'Pau - China in your hand. I went to see T'pau in concert when this was number 1! We heard that they were staying at the local Holiday Inn, so went there after the concert and had a drink with Carol Decker at the bar!!! :rofl:

Oh, and PeanutBean..... Morton Harket? Yum, Yum!!!!! :rofl:

Mine: With Or Without You - U2
DH: What’s Love Got To Do With It - Tina Turner

Haha I did it with DH beside me and he said "Oh god!" lol

Eye of the Tiger - Survivor for me! :)
Woman in Love - Barbara Streisand for OH. Hes ashamed lol!

Oh, and PeanutBean..... Morton Harket? Yum, Yum!!!!! :rofl:

One for us:

https://www.mp3lyrics.org/a/a-ha/a-ha_2.Jpg
Phwoargh!!

:cloud9:

:rofl: I'm sure I had first dibs on Morton Harket and Simon Le Bon! Although I also had a weird thing for Shakin Stevens and Adam Ant too :blush:

Did you have all the A-ha leather bangles?

:rofl: I'm sure I had first dibs on Morton Harket and Simon Le Bon! Although I also had a weird thing for Shakin Stevens and Adam Ant too :blush:

Did you have all the A-ha leather bangles?

Shakin' Stevens?!!! :sick: But Adam Ant was seriously sexy, though he's really not anymore!! Have you seen him recently? *goes to search for pics*
From this:
https://lauriesplanetofsound.tripod.com/adam-ant.jpg
To this!
https://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38291000/jpg/_38291945_adam300.jpg

It's amazing what aging can do!

Oh, and I was a bit small for the wristbands but had similar, and have them now as a grown-up! Though not the whole way up my arm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->