The death of my son is scheduled for Thursday

Sending love to you peanutt - I know how hard it is and how crap it feels. Xxx

I'm so very sorry that you have had to face this tragedy. Nathan knows your love and always will.

Gosh. I haven't looked at this board since July. It feels like it was yesterday and it feels like it was a lifetime ago.

I was having spotting for two weeks prior to my termination date. My doctor said he thought my body had recognized something was wrong and was starting to miscarry. Basically Nathan wasn't going to carry to term no matter what.
The morning of my scheduled date, my water broke and I was admitted to the hospital. Then I started bleeding heavily so they whisked me away to surgery.

I'm still mourning but I'm healthy. I think we're going to start trying again next month. Since I'm 36, will be 37 in a few months, time isn't on my side.

I got a tattoo in Nathan's honor. It's the only one I have and had it put on my ribs. It was the only way I could think of that my little guy could leave his mark on the world.
The blue ribbon is a Trisomy 18 awareness ribbon. The day before my date, a monarch butterfly visited me and landed on my tummy. My aunt and I have talked about how maybe butterflies are the souls of loved ones who have passed on.
The blue on the butterfly symbolizes the chromosome defect.

Attachments

• IMG_2090 (1).jpg
    IMG_2090 (1).jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 30
I love, love, love the tattoo, Peanutt. That's such a beautiful way to physically mark that Nathan was here with you. I hope you and your partner are finding peace, and I wish you the best on your TTC journey.

Best of luck to you, Peanutt. The tattoo is an awesome memorial for Nathan. I'm glad to hear you're healthy, and are thinking of trying again in the near future. <3 Take care of yourself.

I've only just read through your post but just wanted to say how my heart just aches for you. It's such a cruel world sometimes. I believe that butterflies symbolise that too so I'm sure that was your beautiful little boy. I want to wish you all the luck in the world ttc and I hope you find peace somewhere. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->