The difference between iCandy Cherry and Apple?

glaciergirl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Now we are starting to think about prams, the iCandy seems like a possible option. However even having watched the videos on the website I still can't figure out the difference between the Apple and Cherry? :shrug: Has anyone had experience of using them or trying them in a shop? What are they like, sturdy?

What is the general cost of them as that is not listed on the website nor on our local stockist. We are possibly looking to get the Carrycot and Maxicosi car seat too.

Got my 20 week scan tomorrow, so hopefully will know whether its a boy or a girl!

We got the Apple for our daughter (nearly 2 years ago now), the main difference between the Apple and Cherry is that the Apple is much more sturdy (and therefore heavier), it is also a bit bigger, with bigger wheels that are better for going slightly off road on. I do love the Apple, but make sure it will fit in your boot as it is big. I think the whole lot (carrycot, seat, chasis, carseat and adaptor cost us approx £700 - cheap it is not!

and with the apple the handle adjusts and cherry doesnt

Cherry is very light, very easy to push one handed. but Apple has height adjustable handles and can be converted to a double :flower: xx

Thats fantastic guys. We need an adjustable handle as my OH is 5ft11 and I am 5ft, lol!
I think our budget is about £600, but my friend owns a pram shop so maybe we might get a mates rates discount...!

We got the Apple for our daughter (nearly 2 years ago now), the main difference between the Apple and Cherry is that the Apple is much more sturdy (and therefore heavier), it is also a bit bigger, with bigger wheels that are better for going slightly off road on. I do love the Apple, but make sure it will fit in your boot as it is big. I think the whole lot (carrycot, seat, chasis, carseat and adaptor cost us approx £700 - cheap it is not!

Hi Shiv
I have just bought a 2006 Fiesta (had a car accident in my old s-reg fiesta last week :cry:) and my OH has a new Seat Ibiza...hoping it will fit in them now! What do you drive?

GG

We drive a focus estate, but we do also have a fiesta (52 reg) it will just about fit in there (the seat bit as opposed to the carrycot, we never tried with that) although it was a struggle, and I would not want to be stood in the pouring rain trying to houdini it in the boot. Saying that the newer fiestas are bigger. If your friend has a pram shop then I am sure she will let you see if it will fit before you buy.

The adjustable hanndle isthe reason we got it and it does work well (Dh is 6ft 2 and i am 5ft 4)

This is all great. We have had a look at the Apple online and now can't wait to try it out in the shop. The colour is limited to black but my OH is very pleased about that - more masculine, hehe!

I had the apple for my DS. Was lovely and lasted for ever and they have a good resale value on ebay ;-). It fitted in my Renault Megane boot. The only downside was it was so heavy even to lift in and out of the boot.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->