-The DIY club-

Oh fun!!! I want to tie dye My prefolds :D But I've NEVER tie Dyed before!!!!!! But since the prefolds are going to just kind of be inserts.... I'm thinking if I ruin them how bad could it be?!?

The iron on transfer thing is going to be super addicting!!! I can't wait till football season!!!!!!!! Thats when its really going to get bad... like around playoffs when my team is playing OH's Team and I make a onsie that says something like " Mommys team Justin kicked daddy's teams butt" LMAO

Has anyone got one of the Kam snaps pliers from the far east ebay sellers? I got mine this week & I've managed to use them but the snaps dont snap together once I've got them on the fabric. I dont know what I'm doing wrong.

i have hun... what seems to be the problem?

I have one from Asia too. I find that I waste a lot of the "male" half of the snaps trying to get them on properly (no problems with the "female" half though). I find that if they aren't positioned exactly and if I apply too much pressure, the pliers crush part of the rim of the snap. Of course, too much pressure and the snap pulls off the first time I use it :dohh: I also noticed that they work better on thinner layers of fabric (guess that's why you can buy long prong snaps). I find them to be a bit of a pain to put on stuff too. I wish I'd spent a little more and ordered the pliers from the US.

I dont have a problem with mine at all.. but i dont use the snaps from asia so maybe thats why?

Maybe :shrug: they do seem kinda cheap but I thought it might have also been that maybe the pliers were pressing down with uneven pressure- I might have to try some better snaps and see if that makes a difference.

Claire- good luck if you dye your PFs- like you said, you can't really mess up since they'll be under a cover anyway :) Dyeing stuff is addictive too- I've been contemplating ordering some dye to do our PFs and our bamboo fitteds. Nothing in our stash is going to be a plain "organic" colour soon!

I think I'm doing the same-squashing the rim so the 2 snaps dont fit together. Maybe I'll have to get some snaps from dummy mummy & see if they do the same. I'm gutted- I wanted to start making my fitted nappies this week but cant start if I cant do the snaps :(

i went on like a sun dress making spree lol. its been to hot to really dress kailee and i was given fabric so i made dresses! and i also remade a shirt for her into a semi long shirt.

Attachments

• SSPX0014.jpg
    SSPX0014.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 7
  • SSPX0012.jpg
    SSPX0012.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 5
  • SSPX0011.jpg
    SSPX0011.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 9
  • SSPX0005.jpg
    SSPX0005.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 6
  • SSPX0007.jpg
    SSPX0007.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 6
They're lovely purplekiwi, do you use a pattern of did you make it up?

Claire: I've been doing crafts for years & I still had to scrape off my iron last week :haha: (I was putting iron-on bonding on thin polyester satin fabric to make appliques and had the iron too hot :dohh:) I think you did really well, and it is so addictive :D

Purple- OH MY GOD! Those are amazing! I will send you my address and you can send them to me when she does't fit into them anymore :rofl: that is really one of the things I'm hoping to learn how to do!!!! I almost have enough in my sewing machine fund lol.

ann- thanks! It makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one who has problems with iron on transfers lol At least our iron is cheap so if I demolish it i can buy a new one!

https://madebypetchy.blogspot.com/2008/06/free-pattern-baby-dresstunic.html

super easy pattern! it comes out a bit bagy though so eaither take it in or add a belt

Wow some really talented ladies on here!

I am feeling inspired enough to have a go at making my own wetbag! I cant find any I really really like with funky patterns etc so am going to make my own!

So I need Fabric
Pul fabric
zippers....I fancy those plastic zip up type ones but cant find any on ebay, anyone know where to get them from?

Local haberdashery hun will be cheap :D

Well i spent yesterday adding snaps to all his tots bots nippa nappies.... my arm is killing today!!!

Are snaps hard to do? I'd like to try some for some of my nappy covers.

Not hard to do but hard on the hands!

We dont have one around here Erin, Ive bought a few large peices of coloured PUL off ebay to match my fabrics and a few different coloured zippers, so just waiting for them to come now and I can have a bash!

Well, I've solved my problems with the snaps thanks to the lovely Erin who sent me some English ones to try. They worked fine so I think its just that the asian ones are abit tempremental. Thanks again Erin :hugs: Off into town once C wakes up to buy some fleece & cotton jersey to make some lovely fitted nappies :yipee:

Good to know about the snaps Cath- I might have to order some better ones then too. I am sorta getting the hang of putting the flimsy Asian ones on though. Have fun making your fitteds!

purple_kiwi- cute dresses!! I've got a couple "pillow case" style ones on the go atm- super easy :)

Jac- Have fun making your wetbag!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->