-The DIY club-

My dyed and poppered tots bots nippas! I did 11 but 6 are in the wash!

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs038.ash2/35268_1457907802343_1072823694_31360985_4729948_n.jpg

wow Erin, they look great! Well done!

If I can do an ok job of my wetbag I might sell them on my bagz of beenz page....not sure what to call them though, *something* bagz I think to keep in the the bagz name....might do wash bagz too:thumbup:

Why not something simple like wet bagz!!! Says what they are but keeps the bagz bit?

What I spent some of yesterday & today doing :) shame they aren't for cupcake .... poor cupcake is gonna have to go bare bummed at this rate but at least other babies won't hehe

https://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt22/bearbumsnappies/DSC01984.jpg

https://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt22/bearbumsnappies/DSC01985.jpg

Erin- nice dye jobs/poppering (if that's even a word, lol). I love the coloured poppers. Random Q for ya: did you find the iDye Poly ran at all in the wash? I made the mistake of putting a load on for a hot wash and now all our MF inserts are pink :dohh: Very pretty though :) I'm thinking some of the dye hadn't fully rinsed out and was still sorta trapped between the PUL and fleece layer :shrug:

Jac- wet bagz sounds good to me too :thumbup:

Buttonnose- those nappies look so soft and cozy :) Nice job!

Right, Emma is *supposed* to be going shopping with Daddy after her nap so I can work on some projects this aft- fx'd that she isn't teething too badly and Daddy doesn't abort the shopping mission! I hope to finish a dress that is all cut out, ready to sew.

Yes kaites mine still leak dye :( but as its for polyester it doesnt dye my nappies just the velcro so now all my nappies have blue velcro but i kinda like it!!

Erin- Mine have sort of a purplish-pink velcro/FOE and MF inserts now. I like it on everything except my grasshopper BG- doesn't really match :( I'm going to need to switch the BG to poppers soon anyway so I guess it isn't too big of a deal. I love the tie-dye though, so it's worth it :)

Gill- could you put something like a lightweight interfacing underneath to give it some substance and then pull off the interfacing after? :shrug: I know you can buy dissolvable interfacing too- just sew it under the chiffon and then soak it in water to remove it. Chiffon is a pain to work with.

Thanks! What dye did you use for the bamboo stuff? Someone recommended a "fiber reactive dye" to me but I haven't bought any yet. I'm now totally addicted to dyeing our stash... :blush:

Love the dyed nappies! I have a spare totbots one hanging around, might try to dye that a cool colour.

I havent dyed any bamboo... ( actually think i might of dyed a bamboozle? im not sure! ) But as its a natural fibre im sure normal dylon would work?

i think normal dylon would work as it is a natural fibre, its only acrylics stuffs that wont dye afaik

x

Dylon should work but it might not be super colour-fast compared to a fiber reactive dye :shrug: Maybe once I get a few other projects finished, I'll work on dyeing all our bamboo fitteds :)

Cath- I figured out why I was crushing the "male" side of the kam snaps :happydance: I feel like a bit of an @ss for not seeing it earlier :blush: but it came shipped with the bigger metal snap-crusher-bolt-thingy installed (don't know what that part is called, lol) and once I changed it to the other bolt thingy, it worked fine. hth you too :flower:

Kaites - is it the ebay china pliers you've got? I'm still umming and ahhing over buying them. I'd rather buy a dressmakers dummy (not that I can afford either lol)

Thanks Kaites, will go & have a look at mine in a minute

Gill- yep, they are the ebay pliers :) A dress making form would be handy though too ;)

Cath- Although I no longer crush the rims, now I have the problem of not squishing the resin posts enough to really attach them firmly on certain fabric combos :dohh: They seem to work best on 2 layers of flannel though- so weird! Guess I'll keep playing with them til I run out of snaps :)

Okay ladies! I need sewing machine advice!!!! I'm ready to buy one and try this whole thing out! What kind do I NEED?!?!

thats a big question claire! lol.
I'm not a buff at sewing machines. I just picked one that was a good brand (Brother) and wasn't the cheapest but is no where near the expensive side. I bought a Brother XL2230, I've got 11 stitches so I can do a variety of stuff but I don't even know what half of them are! haha. I think you need to set your budget and find the best you can get for it for what you want. I'm sure someone else can come along and give better advice than me though!! If in doubt - you should check out a sewing forum - I've just joined one and they are super helpful!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->