-The DIY club-

Aww- Noah's so adorable :) Love the upcycled fleece longies too!

Lisa- that's a great idea for outgrown shirts/keepsake for Izzy :)

My mum dug out her super old sewing machine for me to play with today- the thing must be about 40-50 yrs old but I wanted it since it does fancy stitching (or maybe I should say "is supposed to do fancy stitches" since I haven't been able to figure out how yet!). It is really quiet compared to my machine, but must be at a frequency that hurts Emma's ears since she starts to freak out everytime I try to use it around her :shrug: Guess I'll be saving any projects for when she's in bed or out with Daddy...

Here's this week's project :) I upcycled a t-shirt that I didn't really like (the cuffs on the sleeves were too tight) into a dress for Emma. It was a pain though- I reused the trim on the cuffs to do the arm holes on the dress and the back of the neckline and it took forever to pick out all the old stitches (never again...). I'm not entirely happy with the end product, but it looks okay I guess.

https://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy65/kayjengirl/Emma%20for%20sharing/tshirtdress001.jpghttps://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy65/kayjengirl/Emma%20for%20sharing/tshirtdress002.jpghttps://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy65/kayjengirl/Emma%20for%20sharing/tshirtdress003.jpg

Awww so cute kaites!!! Today i found a blanket on a charity shop for £1.99 and this is what ive turned it into!!

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs110.ash2/38832_1464953058470_1072823694_31382317_898741_n.jpg

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs110.ash2/38832_1464953098471_1072823694_31382318_4777844_n.jpg

Aww- look at the big smiles from Logan :) Adorable! Awesome deal on the blanket and good use for it too :thumbup:

Thats gorgeous!

Heres a few of my orders this week:happydance: I LOVE making these!

i dont think caleb likes the sound of the sewing machine either. xx

Loving the little dresses!!

I've just got out my mums overlocker and threaded it (omg pita!!!) and did some edges - and its great!! Its only a cheapy machine but it works quite well. I can't wait to do some proper finishes to my wonky edges!

Hi Ladies,
I wondered whether any of you would know where I can get a free pattern for a kind of liner to make for my carseat? Dylan is really sweaty and I think the nylon isn't helping in this heat but I don't want to spend a fortune buying one as the heat is rare in scotland lol. I've googled it but haven't had much luck...

Thanks x

Lynz- can't say I've seen a liner for a carseat in my google travels either :) Might be because there are so many different car seats out there, all being a bit different in shape and size :shrug: Could you use the existing liner and trace a pattern from it? Sorry that isn't much help- good luck!

Gill- I remember having to thread overlockers in highschool and it was a major PITA but seams look so professional using them. I nearly bought one this weekend that was listed on craigslist as being new and in the box- still kinda tempted... I couldn't get the old machine of my Mum's to do the fancy stitches (just straight and zigzag)- gears aren't meshing properly when I try to select the cool stitches- figures! I could get it serviced, but can't be bothered yet. Anyhoo, have fun with your overlocker! :)

Im about to buy an overlocker tonight!! Will make my breastpads look more professional! And my new sewing machine turned up today! OMG its sooooo fast and powerful compared to my other one!! Need to get used to it!

Lynz - just measure the height and width of the car seat that you want covered then mark in the holes for the seatbelts and cut a oval shape out, hem the edge, button hole the strap cut outs and tadaaa!

ahh we've been bumped to the second page!!

Well I've done a few things now - Purple sparkly tutus for my antenatal babies for our professional shoot on Tuesday - will post piccies later.

And I've just completed the main body to a black dress for my lol for a funeral we're going to either next week/middle aug (date not set yet) I've just got to do the ribbon lacing for the back and some beading. piccies to follow..

Well ive got and overlocker and i hate it!! I can only use it to do straight edges and cant figure it out to breastpads!! Think im getting rid!!

already erin, omg.....maybe you need to get used to it etc?

Hmmm i can use it! But only on straight edges! Ive made a wet bag with it no problem but because of where the blade and needles are located there is too big a gap between them so circles either get cut up and not sewn or they just end up a mess!

oh, are you meant to be able to do circles on them? sorry, i know nowt about over lockers. x

Hahaha nor do i! But i think ive perfected my design without an overlocker anyway :D

keep the overlocker - they are brill once you get the hang of them. To serge a curve you need to push the fabric under the presser foot to make the fabric look like a straight line and serge slowly. It might help to practice some larger circles then try your breastpads.

Ive tried all of that ive had other people who use an over locker try and thay cant do it! Think i bought a cheap one so need to get a better one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->