-The DIY club-

nicolaatm - thats great for a first go! Can I suggest you sew the diaper inside out leaving a small opening at the top of the back and handstiching a blind seam once turned - it'll look brilliant then and any stitches won't be seen and be able to be picked at by little fingers! x

...blind seam? lol I have no idea what that is! :flower: xx

nicolaatm - thats great for a first go! Can I suggest you sew the diaper inside out leaving a small opening at the top of the back and handstiching a blind seam once turned - it'll look brilliant then and any stitches won't be seen and be able to be picked at by little fingers! x

haha - its basically a stitch that is hidden. So stitch inside the opening making the visable fabric look unstitched..ermmm i'm crap at explaining it!

haha - its basically a stitch that is hidden. So stitch inside the opening making the visable fabric look unstitched..ermmm i'm crap at explaining it!

Okay, I think I understand what you mean... that seems difficult though. lol! So basically stitch it inside out and flip it to be normal? How would I sew on the PUL though? (It's 3 layers... 2 fleece, 1 PUL)

You need to layer it in the right order - outer layer face up then inner layer facing down then hidden layers on top. The when you turn in it (use the gap between the bottom layer and next layer as the opening) you'll have the layers correct.
You want inner and outer layer facing each other then the rest on top basically.
So if you were doing Fleece outer, pul hidden then fleece inner you'd go..

Fleece facing up, fleece facing down, pul on top then sew - turn - and sew the opening gap.

If blind stitching is to fancy then why not put elastic into the centre back opening and use a zigzag stitch to sew that in place and as a decorative stitch?

Awww thats really cute!! I love spotty fabric!! Looks like you did a good job! I would suggest you use elastic in the legs tho to make sure its a nice snug fit :)

:haha: I would if I could... I have no idea how to sew elastic. :shrug: I've never even touched a sewing machine before yesterday!

stitch your elastic at one end of the leg bit, then stretch it as far as humanly possible...then stitch it a bit futher on, then stretch it again, keeping it as tight as possible, til you get to the other end of the leg bit!

You need to layer it in the right order - outer layer face up then inner layer facing down then hidden layers on top. The when you turn in it (use the gap between the bottom layer and next layer as the opening) you'll have the layers correct.
You want inner and outer layer facing each other then the rest on top basically.
So if you were doing Fleece outer, pul hidden then fleece inner you'd go..

Fleece facing up, fleece facing down, pul on top then sew - turn - and sew the opening gap.

If blind stitching is to fancy then why not put elastic into the centre back opening and use a zigzag stitch to sew that in place and as a decorative stitch?

Because I don't know how to sew elastic nor use anything but a basic stitch! lol I'm totally clueless. I literally have never touched a sewing machine before until yesterday when I sewed the layers together. :flower: x
I think the blind stitch makes sense. :) I'll work on it in a few days when I can get more time to do it (baby seems to wake up more when I'm trying to do something lol).
Thank you!! :D

hello girls, i've not been in here much, but i noticed erin put poppers on nappies!
can i ask erin, or anyone? where you got the tool and snaps to make them?
i'm trying to handmake stuff now as i dont have internet to entertain me :( but i cant seem to find them anywhere!! i want to use them on nappies bibs and womens cloth!
advice much appreciated...i dont get on net much but will check back asap.
xxx

https://www.dummy-mummy.co.uk/category_21/Polyacatel-Resin-Snap-Pliers.htm here or https://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=kam+snaps&_sacat=See-All-Categories :)

I've just used the pliers I ordered from Dummy Mummy for the first time and they are brilliant!!

I was really worried about using snaps, but they've gone on really easily, all 'snap' properly and they look great!!

Snaps are easy :) They do tire your hands out when youve done a lot tho! (i poppered 20 nappies in an eve and my hand killed!)

i've just bought snaps and the tool :D
cant wait for them to arrive now!! i'm going crazy with no net, all i can do is clean and sew lol!

hehehehe you can clean my house? :rofl: ill let ya borrow the net!! Whilst i sit and sew! :haha:

Snaps are easy :) They do tire your hands out when youve done a lot tho! (i poppered 20 nappies in an eve and my hand killed!)

I've got that one sussed.. I showed hubby my latest nappy when he got in from work, demonstrated how the pliers worked and waited for his usual 'I wish there was something I could do to help you' line before I hit him with his new nappy snapping job!! :happydance:

Hahahahaha yep i tend to sulk a bit that cutting my fabrics causes blisters so hes nice and cuts it for me (sometimes!)

my DH cuts my material for me...sometimes If I'm lucky and he's home when I'm making loads, he pins for me too!

Hehehe yea i get oh to cut fabric but ive just bought a posh cutter so im sure he will want to do more!!

Hehehe yea i get oh to cut fabric but ive just bought a posh cutter so im sure he will want to do more!!

Is that a rotary cutter? Are they easy to use?

I've been looking at various options to make things easier for me, I have arthritis in my hands so the scissors do make me ache a bit - but I'm not letting OH anywhere near my fabric with scissors, poking holes and snapping where I've already marked his limit!! :haha:

daisy - a rotary cutter is much easier on the hands so defo get one - but don't bother with a cheap one - you'll need to fork out £20 at least to get one worth having.

ive got a compass cutter as i only cut circles for the business! But im happy to use scissors for my own projects!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->