The doctor told me I had an std

Luckyheart

Reaction score
I went to the hospital in pain and my boyfriend already suspect pregnancy because of unprotective sex on my fertalizing day. Around the days I was suppose to start my period I ended up cramping on my right lower side on my hip bone, right lower side of my back and all I'm doing now is discharging clear stuff. I have pain in my upper back and lower back I can barely lay down. I'm in pain but a lot of discharge coming out that's clear. I missed my period and I'm tired all the time, nothing really started until it was time for my period. My boyfriend said if I'm pregnant he's concerned about how the egg is fertilizing. My last period was The ending week of January. the doctor told us I probably have an std and these are the symptoms. my back and right side repeatedly hurts. Would you get a second opinion or believe him? We had unprotective sex almost 2 weeks ago on my fertile date. My blood test was still positive but they refused to do an ultrasound and etc because they wanted me to get tested again for std.

You should definitely be tested for STDs anyway! They pretty much test all pregnant women in excess of caution. So definitely get tested for that. Then request that they check your HCG levels every couple of days to make sure it's increasing normally. At this point an ultrasound wouldn't show anything. At 5 weeks all they saw was my gestational sac and a yolk sac. Your doctor just suggested a test, he didn't run one??? He didn't suggest coming back for additional HCG testing in 24-48 hours?

I'm sorry. I didn't want read and run. That's brutal. You sound early so an u/s isn't going to help much past 6 weeks or more. It doesn't hurt to talk to someone else if you have questions and your Dr isn't being helpful.

All the best to you my dear. :hugs:

If you had a positive test an std would not cause a false positive. I definitely would go get a second opinion. They cant just claim you have an std because you are having those symptoms especially if you got a positive pregnancy test. Now that isnt to say you dont, but do get another opinion because not all drs actually know what they are doing.

As for testing for an std i believe that is done through bloodwork. If tou didnt get bloodwork done by them then they cant say that is what you have. Go see a dr and tell them you have a positive pregnancy test. Then they will take a urine sample and send you for bloodwork. In the bloodwork they test for stds etc. Only then it will tell you for sure.

I was so mad and upset. My regular doctor took the bloodwork and it came back positive. These idiots went off a urine test. All I heard was " be sure to get tested for hiv because those symptoms you are having means a std"
Thanks everyone

Yw...glad it was just your pregnancy congrats. Yeah some drs are complete idiots and make you wonder how they passed their schooling. When i was only 3yrs old my mom took me to the drs because i was complaining when i peed. Dr took a urine sample and said it was negative and that i am just lying to my mom. Mom was upset and ended up going to see another dr after i still complained. They took another test and it was 100% positive and very severe. I was lucky she went with her gut as i was close to needing a kidney transplant if it would have been left untreated much longer. I had to be on antibiotics for an entire YEAR. I hate some drs. Always go with your gut and get a second or even a third opinion just to be sure.

I'm so glad you got good news. I would report that dr. You were treated so badly! :growlmad:

Wow, I can't believe a doctor would tell you you have an STD based just on your symptoms, before testing to confirm it. I'd still get tested for STD's, just in case (in the UK they test for STD's as standard in 1st tri, just because they can affect a pregnancy and not everyone who has one knows they have one), but hopefully it is just pregnancy symptoms you're experiencing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->