The Do's of motherhood...

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Do hug and cuddle your kids often and let them know you love them.

Do enjoy your kids as they grow up fast.

Do trust mother's instinct.

Do assume the worst. :rofl:

Do remember that the bad days are followed by the good. (usually :rofl:)

Tom's getting spoilt from all the constant attention.. :rofl:

All I have to say is

DO NOT underestimate the power of prunes ! :lol:

DO give them chance to throw up before dressing them in there best outfit! :rofl: or any outfit! :dohh:

Do let them jump in the puddles, even though it means they have to be changed.
Do read to them.
Do get down on the floor and play with them.
Do let them be a kid.

Great thread! :D

do beware of bottom wind power, lol (always messy and i have to wash the stain right away)
Do love them the way they are without comparing with other babies
Do raise your baby up the way you want to
Do believe you are a good mother, (Don't let people say otherwise)

do let them be children and explore even if it means you have a lot of cleaning to do
do cuddle them often
do take millions of pictures
do enjoy every day as the time flys x

Do hug and cuddle your kids often and let them know you love them.

Do enjoy your kids as they grow up fast.

Do trust mother's instinct.

Do assume the worst. :rofl:

I agree with all of these - especially to expect the worst, then anything better is a bonus :rofl:

Do make the most of every moment :)

Do relax and be chilled around baby as they will pick up on your anxiety (I realise this now looking back at our first few weeks with Jay :dohh:)

xx

Do be involved in school activities.

Do let them have friends over.

Do spoil them as newborns....but not after. :rofl:

Do set rules and routines.

Do take the time to sit and watch them while they sleep they will never look as peaceful and contented !

Do enjoy every day (even when they make it impossible :lol:)

So keep embarrassing pictures of them as babies and later blackmail them :devil:

Do play with them as much as you can and make them laugh
Do cuddle them and let them know there loved
Do cherish every moment as it goes so quick
Do take lots of pics so you can look back on

x x x

Do have patience
Do believe that it gets easier
Do believe that you have done the right thing
Do let your baby know how much you love them
Do be chilled and calm and baby will be the same
and....one that wont apply to everyone i understand, but those who are with their babies dad ... Do realise that you didnt make your baby alone and that your partner still lives with you and needs love too (i hope that doesnt come across wrong, i know what i mean in my head but cant think of how to word it!)

do try and have "me" time when you can....every baby/child wants a happy calm mum!

do smile at your bubba lots...even if you dont feel like smiling....

do let your children be their own person

even though your shattered, covered in sick and feeling fed up, DO remember they are worth every second and one little smile will make all your worries go away

( i learnt this one from my niece and nephews) When it is quite dont think "ahh peace" DO think "What are they up to

Always make time for cuddles (not just for baby) for you as well we all need love
xx

Do have patience
and....one that wont apply to everyone i understand, but those who are with their babies dad ... Do realise that you didnt make your baby alone and that your partner still lives with you and needs love too (i hope that doesnt come across wrong, i know what i mean in my head but cant think of how to word it!)

The one about your partner needing love too, that is very true. I get so busy and wrapped up tending to our LO that I forget to take time out and kiss my husband or hug him. He has brought it up many times, I guess I'm still learning to balance everything. Great point to make.

Do have patience

The one about your partner needing love too, that is very true. I get so busy and wrapped up tending to our LO that I forget to take time out and kiss my husband or hug him. He has brought it up many times, I guess I'm still learning to balance everything. Great point to make.
thanx, i think sometimes dads can feel left out and may think that you are the only one who can see to baby and that now they are surplus to requirements. so important to make them feel involved loved and needed :cloud9:

Do remember their smile when they are screaming their heads off.
Do enjoy the giggles and smiles, they are the best!
Do know that a bit of extra tv isn't going to kill them when your not feeling well, or really need to get something done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->