The dreaded Brown discharge (a bit tmi)

RaeRae2701

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I was hoping to just get a bit of reassurance/advice off anyone who has experienced brown cm in pregnancy?

I think i am 7 weeks and for the last week only after a bm (soz!) i have brown cm (from the front) which immediately goes away on wiping and only comes back when i go again. There is no cramping with this.

I had a tiny bit of pink/light red spotting a week ago on one trip to the bathroom but its just been brown since then as mentioned above.

I called the Dr last week who didnt seem concerned in the slightest and said the usual 'monitor it, check for colour and flow and if you have cramps ring me back'.

I am really scared as have had 2 MC in the past - my last one was a MMC and started off with Brown spotting so am so scared its happening again.

Thanks in advance xx

I spotted red/pink blood last week and am still getting brown discharge. I know my baby is fine though as I have a Doppler and had a scan when it happened. It's just old blood so try not to worry.

With my son I had brown discharge at 4/5 weeks and he's a healthy two year old now. Red is a cause for concern, brown tends not to be.

Keep your feet up and if you're worried get an appointment with your doctor to talk things through.

I've had brown discharge off and on, and I had a scan a week ago, and the baby was measuring 8 weeks, with a hb of 167 bpm! So, all was well, and they had no idea why the spotting was occurring...apparently it's not that uncommon!

Thanks Guys, that's really good to hear! :thumbup:

It seems that the symptoms of a MC could also be the symptoms of a healthy pregnancy so its a mine field! I thought once i conceived it would be easier but noooooooooooooooo! :dohh:

It feels like a long old wait until the 12 weeker. I have a booking appointment next week so am going to bombard the dr with questions!

xxx

It's really normal to spot after a BM because of the strain, it can cause the blood vessels on the cervix to burst since it can be irritated in early pregnancy. If it's old blood then there's even less to worry about, I've had that on and off so much with both of my pregnancies so far and everything is fine!

I've had some brown and a bit of pink spotting on and off since maybe around 6 weeks. I try not to worry if it's not red and if it doesn't last!

I agree with the other ladies, seems totally common!!

My mc started with brown discharge.. but I was only like 3-4 weeks when it happened.. I hear a lot of women saying on here it is completely fine and normal! and you are 7 weeks :) its hard not to worry tho.. ill be praying for you!

Hi ladies

Thank you all for your replies but it's not good news I'm afraid :-(

Went into the EPU on Thursday as had a red bleed and it turns out I've had another MMC :-( this will be our third now.

I'm completely heartbroken at having to go through this again, and am currently waiting for it to happen at home as we chose the 'wait and see' option. The only tiny silver lining is we will now be referred to the Recurrent MC Clinic for investigation and will be looked after if we were to conceive again.

At the moment that feels like such a long road ahead though as we had been trying for this one for 2 years so I don't know how much strength I have left in me.

xxx

RaeRae, I'm so sorry this is happening again to you. It's awful. I've not had 3 consecutive losses, but I've had two in a row, and it was devastating. Do not give up hope. I do encourage you to visit an AWESOME thread on here, on the Miscarriage Forum...the Recurrent Miscarriage Thread. There's a great group of gals on there that really support each other, which is exactly what you need right now, if you're up to it.

I know it feels like you're starting from scratch, and that once again you're in for a long road...but now that you're having some testing done, the reason you may not be conceiving quickly may also be the reason why you're losing your pregnancies...you never know. It could be your thyroid, a hormone/progesterone issue, a clotting issue, an autoimmune issue, etc. Now, you may just get some answers through the testing...and KNOWING why this is happening provides a sense of relief in itself.

Good luck. :hugs: I pray you choose to keep going, and not give up the good fight.

RaeRae, I am so very sorry to hear this news. I will say a prayer for you!

I am glad you are seeing some light in the situation - hopefully the investigation will you get you some answers. Never lose hope! It took us over 2 years to conceive as well, it's a tough path for sure!

:hugs:

Thank you for your kindness everyone, you are all wonderful xxx

Thanks for the suggestion Wookie I shall check out that board x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back