The dreaded Cambridge diet..

Mrs_W_

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I hope you are all doing fantastic on your diets

I have lost almost 5 stone on the cambridge diet, after a little break I am back on it. I know it's not the healthiest way to lose weight but I think its damn healthier than being morbidly obese. So tomorrow is day 1!

I have just been referred to a fertility clinic so it's so important I get this extra weight off, I'm aiming for a stone maybe 2, I guess whatever I can get off by the time I get a consultation.

I know a lot of people disagree with these types of diets but please wish me luck

xx

Wow five stone, well done! Just curious on how long it took you to loose the weight? I put on quite a bit of weight while pregnant and I need to loose about 2 stone to get back to my pre pregnancy weight , I've heard about the Cambridge diet but don't know much about it tbh, is it tough going ? :S lol Good luck with loosing some more weight and also with TTC sending lots of baby dust your way :) :dust:

It's taken just slightly under 5 months. I lost pretty much a stone a month but I did have a few weeks break!

It is tough going but the results are so good it spurs you on to keep going. The first week is most definitely the hardest but once you stand on the scales for your first weigh in you just want to keep going. My first week I lost 7lb, I gave up about a month ago and then 2 weeks ago started again and that first week I lost 10lb! Stupidly couldn't get my head back in to it though and gave up, now I'm determined to try again tomorrow!

The key to success is water, I drink 3 litres a day and it really helps, stops the hunger and headaches and it's amazing for the skin. I do the step where you have 3 shakes a day and a 200 calorie meal in the evening which is normally chicken and veg but I often have scrambled egg and dry fried mushrooms. I find this step is a lot easier to stick to and the losses are still really good.

I have the worst relationship with food, I find a conventional diet harder to stick to than cambridge, I do much better when food isn't in the equation. So this is the best route for me!

I have been referred to a fertility clinic and I want to make sure I'm atleast 2 stone under the required weight for treatment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->