The Event - How Racist Are You?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Anyone else going to be watching this? :thumbup:

For anyone who hasnt seen the add its on Ch4 tonight 10pm

Heres the description

Are we all more racist than we realise? An ex teacher recreates a controversial exercise she used with her pupils, to reveal how susceptable a group of adult volunteers are to bigotry

I saw the add, it looks really interesting!!

Oh that sounds interesting! Must try and remember to set the timer in like five minutes when Byron's done with Waybuloo and goes for his bath. You'd be amazed how much I forget!

It looked really good on the advert, i cant wait!!

I'm watching/recording incase I forget haha

Oooo, I forgot about this! Had a check and the other program I wanted to see is on before it, thank you!!

I'll be watching, sounds interesting xx

looks like it could be good but theres no way on earth i can stay up past 10 oclock haha think i'll probably record it if i can kick OH off the playstation for long enuff too set it to record!

I'll tune in, have real issues with the word racism though... gets flung about a bit too easily so might be shouting at my telly later :lol:

Nowwww :) On channel 4 xx
This is bizarre. I've watched one of her seminar things she does when I was at college, it was pretty much the same!

I think she is incredibly good!! Amazing techniques and it seems a lot of people don't 'get' the exercise.

Interesting how someone in the beginning said it's normally the white people who leave and try and take the moral high ground as they don't believe racism is a problem.

I agree Nic i think if people just STFU for a minute and looked at the bigger picture and remembered its a learning exercise they would see just how effective her technique is, you can see that from just watching her for 30 odd minutes

I know she's probably seen it all before as the teacher, but it is frustrating. However, it is dividing the room and the blue/brown eyed people from each other which is the intention.

Is it just me or does anyone else want to slap that blonde bird, she is so "me me me" and completely missing the point :rolleyes:

I think this is supposed to happen for them to learn anything... if they didn't fight back and they all just did as they were told and understood it wouldn't have the same effect.

Yep! Irritating beyond believe and so argumentative. Even arguing about what she said, and she was wrong :rofl:

I cant believe what she just said about "the black girl who fell over" i had to laugh i was so shocked :lol: :shock:

Loved how she instantly back tracked on the you/we thing :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->