The Event - How Racist Are You?

The argument against this is that white is considered to be the norm in this society, therefore the majority of tv, magazines etc is already white. How would white tv/magazines differ to what is already out there?

The principle behind it.

I completely agree and I think the show provided positive reinforcements for her views. Which is why I really really hope they were spoken to at length after the show to make sure there are no detrimental effects on either groups.
Whilst white is the norm in society and so we have no need for white tv etc. if we started to label it as "White entertainment TV" or "White hair care" it would be frowned upon and cause a lot of problems. That being said, I have no problem with the above mentioned things. I think it is perfectly acceptable and to be fair, what else can we call these things to distinguish them from the rest?

To the bolded...... this is what I am saying why if we had white tv white hair care etc WHY should it be frowned upon??? And cause a lot of problems. Now isn't that being racist?

Sorry I might not have put that across very well - I was trying to make the same point you have. That if we called it white this and white that it would be seen as racist, where it's acceptable to call it black this n that. It's double standards. I was agreeing with you really, and then added that although this is the case, I don't have a problem with it.

Well I'm glad someone in the country sees what I see :lol:
Completely agree with you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"