The Event - How Racist Are You?

I can't believe she's saying now about how white people have just as much racism against them as other ethinic groups in the UK :shock: And that she's had as much racism against her as a Black person.

I'm watching it on +1 now. That woman already seems very scary!

to be honest i think most of this is going to be bull, all she is doing is make people be nasty to others to prove a point??

and racisim (sp?) is not realy basied on colour its based on RACE hint the word racist not colourist..

And the fact she has almost split it into black people vs white people via picking an eye colour where all the blue eye people are white.

and she is basicly saying its only white people who are racist when its not which is what Pi***** me off BIG time :growlmad:

I think you missed the point of the show if that's your idea of how it happened.

Dividing up the people by eye colour is the fairest way to do it in a social experiement to get the best mix of people.

Not all people in the brown eyes group where Black, in fact most were white.

The point was for EVERYONE to learn about racism, regardless of skin colour.

White people in the UK, are the majority race. Statistically ethnic minorities are more likely to be victim of racial abuse/attack. You can't change facts. Not once did she say ONLY white people are racist, but she said she believed white people are programmed to be subtly racist by society without realising it.

I think you missed the point of the show if that's your idea of how it happened.

Dividing up the people by eye colour is the fairest way to do it in a social experiement to get the best mix of people.

Not all people in the brown eyes group where Black, in fact most were white.

The point was for EVERYONE to learn about racism, regardless of skin colour.

White people in the UK, are the majority race. Statistically ethnic minorities are more likely to be victim of racial abuse/attack. You can't change facts. Not once did she say ONLY white people are racist, but she said she believed white people are programmed to be subtly racist by society without realising it.

no im watching it and all she is trying to do is prove its hurtful by hurting people in the process so they wont be racist but it wont solve the problem some people will become more racist or racist if they are not already and no everyone would take part in something like that. its the fact she is doing something she says she hates to prove her point which is just as wrong

I can't believe that gut compared being 'tubby' to being black. What a joke. This proves her point that basically white people don't think racism is that big of a problem, cause they have never had to deal with it before.

People won't become more racist because they have had racism pointed out to them :dohh:

It was a social experiment.

I bet none of those people in that group were racist, yet look at how easily they were led by her. One person shouted out blue eyed people were liars. I'm willing to bet that would not have happend outside the experiment. She was illustrating a point, and leading them to make conclusions. She was not teaching them to be racist, but pointing out their own internal flaws and showing that it affects everyone.

She was doing what she hated to show all people, regardless of skin colour, how wrong racism is and how easy it is to slip into.

She was incredible, and a very effective teacher. I think its a shame it was her last seminar. People could learn a lot from her methods.

I can't believe that gut compared being 'tubby' to being black. What a joke. This proves her point that basically white people don't think racism is that big of a problem, cause they have never had to deal with it before.

exactly.

I also got really annoyed about how some people in the brown eyed group ruined the experiment. None of them could take it for what it was, a learning experience from another person viewpoint.

The blonde school teacher also came across very badly and quite racist towards the end.

People won't become more racist because they have had racism pointed out to them :dohh:

I bet none of those people in that group were racist, yet look at how easily they were led by her. One person shouted out blue eyed people were liars. I'm willing to bet that would not have happend outside the experiment. She was illustrating a point, and leading them to make conclusions. She was not teaching them to be racist, but pointing out their own internal flaws and showing that it affects everyone.

She was doing what she hated to show all people, regardless of skin colour, how wrong racism is and how easy it is to slip into.

She was incredible, and a very effective teacher. I think its a shame it was her last seminar. People could learn a lot from her methods.

that may be true but its never going to change anything do you think people who are rasict are going to watch that problem and think OMG how nasty am i, im hurting people i should stop?

and yet again its saying white people dont no how bad it is what about the people who get picked on for being white? they no how it feels

That brown eyed guy said he wanted a choice in whether he was the aggressor or the discriminated against, but like the black woman said she didn't get to choose - she was born black.

I thought she led it extremely well and in using eye colour it enabled her to group off fairly rather than black vs white

It cant be that wrong if she's been doing it for god knows how many years?

Im going to bed now dont make this too heated :lol:

im only watching this on +1 so i have not seen it all but if its that great and works so well why dont we have things like this in schools to teach the children and thats because all it does is puts someone else down to prove a point which is just as bad in my eyes its just another type is "isum" on someone

that may be true but its never going to change anything do you think people who are rasict are going to watch that problem and think OMG how nasty am i, im hurting people i should stop?

and yet again its saying white people dont no how bad it is what about the people who get picked on for being white? they no how it feels

That wasn't the point of the show at all :dohh: I really don't think youv'e understood the programme.

Yet again you are saying it was the white people being picked on. Did you see the groups? The brown eyed group was mostly white people.

It's not about people who are racist watching that programme. Its about people pretending racism doesn't exist, or people who don't want to hear about it. People who bury their heads in the sand and don't think it's that bad, from all walks of life and all races. It was bringing racism into a more real light and making people realise that it still goes on around them whether or not they are involved.

I thought she led it extremely well and in using eye colour it enabled her to group off fairly rather than black vs white

It cant be that wrong if she's been doing it for god knows how many years?

Im going to bed now dont make this too heated :lol:

40+ years and has travelled all over the world doing her seminars. She must be doing something right :thumbup:

That wasn't the point of the show at all :dohh: I really don't think youv'e understood the programme.

Yet again you are saying it was the white people being picked on. Did you see the groups? The brown eyed group was mostly white people.

It's not about people who are racist watching that programme. Its about people pretending racism doesn't exist, or people who don't want to hear about it. People who bury their heads in the sand and don't think it's that bad, from all walks of life and all races. It was bringing racism into a more real light and making people realise that it still goes on around them whether or not they are involved.

but its not solving the problem so it obv does not work that well

Do you expect a seminar of 20 people at a time to solve global racism? Its meant to leave a lasting impression on the people who attend, and the people who watch. Not change the world. If one person can take away a different viewpoint from it, then it's worked. You can only make one person at a time start thinking about their own behaviour.

I cant believe that white woman just said she'd experienced racism. How can she compare a few remarks to what ethnic minorities have to face everyday.

Do you expect a seminar of 20 people at a time to solve global racism? Its meant to leave a lasting impression on the people who attend, and the people who watch. Not change the world. If one person can take away a different viewpoint from it, then it's worked. You can only make one person at a time start thinking about their own behaviour.

if shes been doing it for 40 years and its been proven to work then why is it not in schools? why do people been said to be racist have to go to a class like this ? and what about the white people who get picked on for there colour the black lady was going on about how its hard for her to be black theres areas here where if your white your the minority. Ok it may just be the people on the show turning it into black vs white ect but it seems to all be about how white people never have racist remarks made to them to they dont understand.

We do understand ive been picked on for being a "white british bit of S***" is just one of the many comments ive had

The UK is 90% white, white people will never be the minority. Those of ethnic minorities have been experiencing racism and oppression for generations.

if shes been doing it for 40 years and its been proven to work then why is it not in schools? why do people been said to be racist have to go to a class like this ? and what about the white people who get picked on for there colour the black lady was going on about how its hard for her to be black theres areas here where if your white your the minority. Ok it may just be the people on the show turning it into black vs white ect but it seems to all be about how white people never have racist remarks made to them to they dont understand.

We do understand ive been picked on for being a "white british bit of S***" is just one of the many comments ive had

It is in schools, that's where it all started off :dohh:

Its not people who said they were racist who went along, it's people who volunteerd to learn more about it. None of the people I sae in the programme were racist.

You may have had comments, and there may be white racism but the whole point of the experiment was to show that RACISM exists, regardless of colour!

Why do you think you're more of a victim than someone else? Surely all racism is wrong? This is exactly what they were talking about.

You're the one who's made it into a black vs white debate just like some of the people on the show. They missed the point too. It isn't about black vs white or any other race. It was about dividing up the group and showing them racism based on EYE COLOUR. It was the group, and it is now you that had brought black vs white into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->