the first kicks...

robinbatman

Reaction score
what does it feel like?
i don't want to mistake it for anything else.
im so excited for this!!!!

Little brushes or pops. It can be hard to distinguish at first but you'll be able to tell soon!

Like Tapping from the inside, very light at first.

The very first kicks felt like little pops or taps. I felt the very first one while lying in bed on my left side. A week or so later the first swishes felt like a fish swimming around and brushing up against my insides.

I compared it to corn popping first time round, second pregnancy now and they're much more distinguised. I've been feeling rolls and turns, makes me feel sick and a bit like when you dip down on a rollercoaster!

Mine felt like a little muscle twitch at first, then like a single kernel of corn popping at a time :) I wasn't convinced it was baby for 2 weeks!

Definitely hard to tell at first, it feels similar to things your body already does, like gas bubbles or muscle twitches. What might help you distinguish them is paying attention to "where" you feel them; is it where your uterus is? Probably baby! Too high? Maybe just gas :haha:

I thought the initial ones felt a bit like gas bubbles moving around but ever so slightly different, if I was paying attention. It then progressed within a week or two to the sensation one gets when a muscle twitches involuntarily. It's still a bit like that but much more defined as 'kicks' and 'rolls' as she's bigger and stronger now.

I started feeling her around maybe 16 weeks. However, I have a posterior placenta. If yours is on the front, it'll be a lot harder to feel those first movements.

I'm pregnant with my 3rd and w/ my 2nd pregnancy the first few times I felt baby moving was like little flutters. Then light taps and nudges. It can be hard to tell at first but soon enough you will really be able to tell. My first child wasn't much of a mover but my daughter sure was! I loved feeling her move around. With this baby, I'm starting to feel light nudges and flutters.

I'm just over 15 weeks (my ticker is wrong!) and I think I felt my baby last night for the first time!! It was like someone fluttering eyelashes a few times right down low near my pubic bone area. It happened 3 times and the last time a muscle twitch, like when you get that annoying twitch in your eyelid then it stopped and I haven't felt anything since. Hoping I feel it again soon, and just want it to get stronger so I know for sure. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->