The healthy eating and exercise club

tigerlilly

Blessed with no.2!
Reaction score
Hi everyone i'm approx 4 wks pregnant and have been going to the gym and have lost about 3.5 stones (45lbs ish) prior to pregnancy. I plan to carry on eating well and exercising and was wondering if anyone else would like to chat, share ideas, recipes and thoughts, progress etc. With this being my second child I'm fully aware of just how taxing pregnancy is on the body, so I'm approaching this with an open mind and doing what I can and just really listening to my body.

I'm currently about 204lb and my goal weight is 147 :thumbup: We all know that it's not wise to get super fit or diet (as in slimming) in pregnancy. I plan to carry on eating a diet rich in plant based foods, no potatoes, bread, crisps, junk etc!! (I had gestational diabetes last time and these food made my blood sugar out of control and I have issues with wheat)
I get my carbs from buck wheat (not wheat) quinoa, rice and sweet potatoes etc. I'm aiming for balance and a diet full of nutrients and slowly changing my lifestyle. As an older mum i'll need all the energy I get!!!!!

I currently go to the gym 3 times a week doing weights, TRX, cable and core, a bit of swimming and yoga and have just started walking more! I've been doing this since Sept 2014 and plan to carry on unless pregnancy denotes other wise! I focusing a lot on core in the first tri and too strengthen glutes too.

Here's my program

3 sets 4 to 8 reps

assisted pull up

straight leg dead lift (40kg)

Bulgarian split squat

seated row (70kg)

shoulder press 10 kg or latt pull

modified push up

ass to grass / basic squat

trx workout and core work

then some cycling for 15 to 20 mins at around 90 rpm this is now reduced to 70 to 78.

I'm normally there for about 1.5 hours give or take if i add stretching.
So this is the bases of my training for now, but I will adapt and change when needed. When I had my 1st I was 238 lb but didn't gain during pregnancy hopefully this will work out ok i'm determined not to go back to that weight ever again.

What's everyone's plan of action.

Thanks for reading and a happy and healthy 9 months.

I'm 4w4d today and exercise/healthy eating have always been extremely important to me. I do a lot of HIIT, weightlifting, and heated classes and was sad when the nurse told me I could continue with my previous routine BUT no heated classes, no lifting over 20lbs and to keep my HR below 140. Not sure any of my previous workouts fit into those requirements. I bought a heart rate monitor and am thinking of investing in a temperature monitor so I can workout with intensity but while being safe. Anyone in the same position?

Hey :)

I'm currently 12 weeks, well nearly 13!

I also started out at a higher weight (180lbs) and had lost about 3 stone before pregnancy. I actually lost a bit of weight from 4 weeks until 11 weeks because of our favourite friend, all day "morning" sickness.
I'm sure I've gained now though and don't really want to see it on the scales!

I did aim to keep doing exercise, mostly just walking and pre-natal yoga, as well as eating healthily. I can't say it's gone perfectly with the morning sickness because I've for a long time only managed toast and then pretty much just some crisps. So not great but certainly this week with the morning sickness a bit better I have stuck to my healthier diet and hope it keeps improving.
I also am keeping up with 30 minutes of brisk walking a day and hope to continue with that, plus more on a weekend when I'm with the dogs.

xx

I was doing HIIT exercises quite often and don't want to quit but I'm already so tired it's hard to think about. I will definitely be trying to keep up though. I had gestational diabetes with my last two. It was really bad with my first but I didn't exercise and ate badly :/ the second I did exercise and ate way better and gained less and they didn't find the gestational diabetes until I was 36 weeks! I'd love to be able to do even better this time so it's never found at all so here's hoping! :)

Hi everyone, i've decided to drop the dead lifts and the assisted pull up for now. I think this is a sensible option untill I see the mw x Hope ur all well?

Hi ladies I'm 5+3 I started exercising before I hot pregnant and lost about 4 lb in 2 weeks....then found out I was pregnant and have only manged to lose 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks....iam exercising 5 days a week for 445 mins a day...but it's light though...3 mile Brisk walk with Leslie Sansone and then boxercise is and some leg exercising with Davina McCall. I also add low impact cardio when I can. I have totally dropped any stomach crunches/ exercises and don't do much jumping around...i don't really have much of an appetite so food isn't a big deal for me at the moment.
I've gone from 101 kg to 9 kg in a month - not sure what that is in pounds ....I'm hoping kwwp losing 1 lb a week until 3rd tri...if it all gets too much I will stick with thewalking 5 days and ddrop the others. But this means by the end of the day I am drop dead sleep like a corpse tired.

Hi ladies I'm 5+3 I started exercising before I hot pregnant and lost about 4 lb in 2 weeks....then found out I was pregnant and have only manged to lose 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks....iam exercising 5 days a week for 445 mins a day...but it's light though...3 mile Brisk walk with Leslie Sansone and then boxercise is and some leg exercising with Davina McCall. I also add low impact cardio when I can. I have totally dropped any stomach crunches/ exercises and don't do much jumping around...i don't really have much of an appetite so food isn't a big deal for me at the moment.
I've gone from 101 kg to 9 kg in a month - not sure what that is in pounds ....I'm hoping kwwp losing 1 lb a week until 3rd tri...if it all gets too much I will stick with thewalking 5 days and ddrop the others. But this means by the end of the day I am drop dead sleep like a corpse tired.

Hi and welcome, there 2.2 lbs to a kilo x :happydance:

I'm in yoga Monday's, kick box class Tuesday's, Pilates Wednesdays, and HIIT on Thursdays at work. I haven't been to the gym on the weekends but I should really go even just once. My kick box instructor is phenomenal, she's had 7 kids (2were twins) and has modified the sit ups I do. My hiit class uses lower weights and lots of body weight resistance training.

I'm still worried though because I don't want to go over the 30 lb gain with this pregnancy and I've already gained 6 lbs. I've got hunger pangs every 2 hours, I drink loads of decaf tea & water. I eat very well, protein bits frequently and veggies too, very careful with carbs. But only 9 weeks and 6 lbs? I was losing weight when I got pregnant. And then no matter how low my caloric content went and how much I exercised I couldn't lose the weight. I was weeks overdue for AF and bam! pregnant.

So I use cheats sometimes for my hunger ie 0 calorie miracle noodles with a wee bit of of parmesean, my carb intake is max 2 per day, fruit when I'm craving sweets etc. yesterday Red snapper & asparagus for dinner... I'm think regular exercise will make delivery & recovery easier & prevent post partum depression.

I'm in yoga Monday's, kick box class Tuesday's, Pilates Wednesdays, and HIIT on Thursdays at work. I haven't been to the gym on the weekends but I should really go even just once. My kick box instructor is phenomenal, she's had 7 kids (2were twins) and has modified the sit ups I do. My hiit class uses lower weights and lots of body weight resistance training.

I'm still worried though because I don't want to go over the 30 lb gain with this pregnancy and I've already gained 6 lbs. I've got hunger pangs every 2 hours, I drink loads of decaf tea & water. I eat very well, protein bits frequently and veggies too, very careful with carbs. But only 9 weeks and 6 lbs? I was losing weight when I got pregnant. And then no matter how low my caloric content went and how much I exercised I couldn't lose the weight. I was weeks overdue for AF and bam! pregnant.

So I use cheats sometimes for my hunger ie 0 calorie miracle noodles with a wee bit of of parmesean, my carb intake is max 2 per day, fruit when I'm craving sweets etc. yesterday Red snapper & asparagus for dinner... I'm think regular exercise will make delivery & recovery easier & prevent post partum depression.

Hi and welcome.

Arggghhhhh can't do my trousers up! can't wait for the maxi dresses to get in the shops, trying to keep this pregnancy a secret for as long as possible!!!! Think it's going to be a challenge.

trying to keep this pregnancy a secret for as long as possible!!!! Think it's going to be a challenge.
same here. We're on vacation for a month in April and when I get back I'd still like to hide any bump for a bit. We'll see how that goes!!:haha:

Do any of you get hungry before bed, this seems to be a norm for me now. I had fruit last night but going to grab some greek protein yoghurt and hope that keeps me going. How's everyone doing this week?

I'd like to join please. Before I got pregnant I lost just over four stone. I was going to the gym 6 days a week doing Bodypump, spin, and General cardio. I also ensure I walk a minimum of 10,000 steps per day with my fitbit.

I've done a couple of spin classes since I found out but I'm pretty sure my hr goes over 140 :/

I'm absolutely exhausted in this pregnancy so I'm struggling with exercising every day and ive noticed a few more treaty foods coming into my menu plans for the day so id love to join this thread if you'll have me :)

I'd like to join please. Before I got pregnant I lost just over four stone. I was going to the gym 6 days a week doing Bodypump, spin, and General cardio. I also ensure I walk a minimum of 10,000 steps per day with my fitbit.

I've done a couple of spin classes since I found out but I'm pretty sure my hr goes over 140 :/

I'm absolutely exhausted in this pregnancy so I'm struggling with exercising every day and ive noticed a few more treaty foods coming into my menu plans for the day so id love to join this thread if you'll have me :)

:hugs::happydance::thumbup: Hi and welcome! the tiredness is a biggie this time for me too, was going to the gym but never made it, just want to sleep.:dohh:

trying to keep this pregnancy a secret for as long as possible!!!! Think it's going to be a challenge.
same here. We're on vacation for a month in April and when I get back I'd still like to hide any bump for a bit. We'll see how that goes!!:haha:

Do any of you get hungry before bed, this seems to be a norm for me now. I had fruit last night but going to grab some greek protein yoghurt and hope that keeps me going. How's everyone doing this week?

Hey, it's the sweet tooth thats come from no where which i'm struggling with. Wow a months vacation sounds amazing where are you off too?

I just can't believe how tired I am! I'm only 4+2. I'm sure my husband thinks I'm faking it!! :haha:

I just can't believe how tired I am! I'm only 4+2. I'm sure my husband thinks I'm faking it!! :haha:

I know what you mean! I'm tired to the bone every day now. I've been doing better eating healthier meals but snacking is bad for me. I want to reach for chocolate or crackers so I'm going to need to find a good substitute. I haven't been working out much due to being so exhausted and packing to move in 2 weeks. So much to do and I just want to sleep lol

Wow a months vacation sounds amazing where are you off too?

We WERE going to try our 7th and last donor egg IVF in Europe when I found out I was pregnant in Jan (we were also on the adioption list). We've done 3 regular IVF's (no response), 1 DE IVF and mc, found out I have immune issues, got immune treatments and 2 more DE IVF's with no bfp:nope: Were going to try one last time in April in Czech Republic.So this baby truly is a miracle baby and the only thing keeping it going are the twice/day blood thinner injections + baby aspirin. The workouts are also mildly anti-inflammatory and same with being very very careful around eating carby food, not only does pasta, cereal, bread, noodles, crackers etc pack on weight really fast but it's highly inflammatory, which is why so many women bloat right up when both preggers and eating lots of carbs. I'm also like you tiger, very intolerant to wheat - and eggs). It's great to know a plan to help this pregnancy be healthy but omg, it took SO much to get here! I had put to rest ever having my own child long ago, I just feel so blessed and I'm not even the tiniest bit religious:haha:

The holiday is a bit bonkers --> paris, vienna, salzburg, munich, switzerland (a bunch of places), was GOING to be Brno for the clinic & IVF, but now we can just relax in Budapest for the last 5 days :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->