The ironing thread got me thinking

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who gets excited by house hold things!

We changed our dinner service earlier in the week and it got me more excited than buying a house!

I love dinner sets too, when we moved into our house after getting married I had a new one I couldn't wait to use, then I saw Pat butcher in Eastenders had the same one. It sort of lost its appeal after that

I love dinner sets too, when we moved into our house after getting married I had a new one I couldn't wait to use, then I saw Pat butcher in Eastenders had the same one. It sort of lost its appeal after that

:rofl:

Do you wash them before you use them?

Or is that just me?

I think I realised just how pathetic I was when I was out shopping in Edinburgh the other day. We'd just been out and bought DH a new camera and he'd told me to treat myself. So here I had £240 in my hand and 3 hours to myself to do WHATEVER I wanted. I was in the capital city, possibilities were endless. I could of treated myself to cocktails with my best friend, or bought some lovely new clothes, or blown it all on one over priced dress. What did I do?

I went to George street where Jo Malone and the White Company are just across from each other and bought myself 3 new candles and 2 perfumes.

Myself and my house smell fricking awesome:dohh:

Also, just now I'm sitting Googling 'utility organisation'.

I'm almost in an orgasmic state at the thought of going to Ikea tomorrow with all my measurements for our new utility set up.

My best friend asked her mum to get her patterned toilet roll for her birthday :rofl: her mum refused to get it for her for her birthday but did go out and buy her some on a normal day . .

A few days later I went to my friends house and she eagerly hurried me into her bathroom to show me her new toilet roll (which btw she only gets out if guests are coming over)

I thought that was really sad until I realised I was just as pathetic when I was out shopping (with the same friend) and was very excitedly waiting in the que to buy my basket for items which contained new washing line pegs sand paper and a screw driver lol

"The weather is soo nice today! I can get the bedding washed and dried..."

Oh and also thought to myself as I waited for M&S to open this morning that I've turned into my mum, waiting for the shops to open! There was a time I'd still have been asleep at 11am on a Sunday.

I suddenly had loads of laundry that I 'needed' to do today because I can hang it outside-any other time it so could've waited!
I really really want a steam mop too, we have lots of floors that need mopping in our house, especially with the animals but I hate hate hate the smell of the mop once it has been used. I'm forever bleaching it so that it smells fresh.

Washing has been out on the line today :happydance:

Also a bit too excited at the prospect of buying new pegs tomorrow as all mine seem to have gone AWOL :haha:

Washing has been out on the line today :happydance:

Also a bit too excited at the prospect of buying new pegs tomorrow as all mine seem to have gone AWOL :haha:

Yes we need these too! And the basket is smashed up! We are buying grass seed tomo.. Can't say I will enjoy that as I'm not green fingered at all but our garden is quite mossy at the bottom from where leaves have been sitting..

Ha ha all our bath towels and bedding suddenly needed washing this weekend because the weather is great I did 3 wash loads today that I really didn't need to do ha ha

Or is that just me?

Not just you, I like my dishwasher too lol

The only dishwasher I have is my husband :dohh:

I was so annoyed to be working today! I totally missed the hanging the washing out opportunity, I actually stood at work listing all the things that had washing and line hanging potential.

It was wet here all day, I feel like I missed out! And I bought new pegs during the week and everything.........

Or is that just me?

I was so annoyed to be working today! I totally missed the hanging the washing out opportunity, I actually stood at work listing all the things that had washing and line hanging potential.

I washed all my towels a couple of days ago and our bedding was washed three times last week due to ds2 being sick, pooing leaking thru and me spilling infacol all over the bed! The only thing that has good washing opportunity is ds1 bedding! I only did 2 loads today..

I keep wondering if I can budget a dyson into our already tight budget.. Id love a dyson!

Yeah I get a bit excited about household items.

Last Xmas I bought myself a Tefal Actifry, the year before I bought myself a Dyson cordless hoover.....I was VERY excited when I bought myself a Vax Carpet Cleaner. Sigh...I need to get out more.

I love my dyson! I wouldn't have any other vacuum now.
We got married last year and with the money people had given us we brought an actifry and a Vax cleaner, both on sale in argos too.
Love the Vax, got the one with the attachments too so you can do stairs/sofas/car seats. Its great!
I knew I was a bit sad when my friend looked at our book case and commented on the Household manual books and the Perfect Housewife ones....hope she never looks in my kitchen drawers at my proper manual!
Cleaning keeps me sane :iron:

Or is that just me?

I washed all my towels a couple of days ago and our bedding was washed three times last week due to ds2 being sick, pooing leaking thru and me spilling infacol all over the bed! The only thing that has good washing opportunity is ds1 bedding! I only did 2 loads today..

I'm so jealous!

I washed my towels last night, got up at 6.30 to hang them on the line because the sky looked blue, I washed all the bedding, I was so excited!

By half 9 it was raining :brat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->