The journey begins

Crystie

Reaction score
This is my first time posting on here. I have just started going to the Dr. to begin the process to try to get pregnant. My husband and I have been trying for a year. I have not been on birth control and nothing has happened. I have not had a period in over two years. I was regular when I was on the pill, but as soon as I stopped taking it and it had time to get out of my system, I no longer had a cycle. From time to time, I have had light spotting, but nothing else. My pap smears have always been normal and I make sure I go every year for my regualr check-up. When I went to the Dr. two weeks ago, he put me on Provera. A week later, I had to go back for a vaginal ultrasound. From the vaginal ultrasound, the Dr. concluded that I had a small cyst on my left ovary, which was nothing to be alarmed about because it is very common and also it is water-filled. The lining of my uterus was also very thick. He said this was understandable since it has been so long since I have had a cycle. Then, he did a biopsy (OUCH). I have not got the results back from this and I am nervous. He said he was just doing as a precaution. Also, all my hormone levels and thyroid levels are normal. So... I guess my question is ..is there anyone out here who has or is experiencing something similar to this? If so, please share! Thanks so much! Oh also, the provera opened the flood gates! OMW! I hope this is a good sign. I go back to the Dr. in about a month and I hope to be starting on Clomid soon.

Good luck with your test results! I haven't been through all that (except for the extended TTC) so I don't have any advice, but hopefully once you get on clomid you'll hop right into a BFP!

I have an update on my journey. Last Monday, I got a call from my doctor and he said I needed to have a DNC ASAP. I went in for a consult that Thursday and was told from thebiopsy results that I have Complex Hyperplasia with Atypia. During the DNC my doctor found quiet a lot of mass. Yesterday, I got the results. I have Stage 1 Uterine Cancer. I go to a gyno-oncologist this coming Monday (October1) to see what my options other than a hysterectomy are. I am in shock! I want a child so bad. I just don't know what to do. I want to do the sensible thing, but I don't want to throw in the towel either so to speak.

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I have a very similar story except the provera made me bleed so bad they have my move my d&c that was scheduled for Jan. to the next day, which was the day before thanksgiving. My doc said if it had gone one more month is would have gone to uterin cancer. I am so greatful it didn't get that far. I hope they can figure something else out to help you. Again I am so sorry you have to go through this. :hugs:

Hey Chrysite, so sorry to hear that. Did you get any update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->