The kids first day at nursery

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
So all week ive been walking Rhys past the nursery, hyping him up for going today :rofl: we got up early, got dressed and set off. he seemed really happy and excited.

i took them inside and he immedietly recognised what was going to happen (he had an hour there on his own last week as a taster) and started clinging to my leg, pouting lol.

anyway i took Ffion to the baby room and got her settled in then quickly walked past Rhys, waving goodbye as i rushed out.

i went to pick them up at 1.30 and when Rhys saw me he burst out crying, he was so happy to see me! apparently he had been a good boy all day, eaten all his breakfast and had 2 helpings of his lunch, and played well with the other children. the staff said he was really clingy for about an hour after i left and he did cry a little bit but apart from that he's been fine!

Ffion was a different story, she had been crying for most of the morning, looking around for me. she went down in the cot to sleep at her normal time, drank her bottle and ate half her lunch which i was pleased about.

its really nice that they give you a sheet with what time they did stuff and what toys they played with etc so i know what theyve done all morning.

so overall not a bad first day but hopefully the kids will settle into it and enjoy themselves a bit more. :blush:

Doesn't sound too bad, atleast he didn't burn the place down :rofl:

Bless them. On my first day at nursery I screamed the place down and my mum couldnt leave me. Same with my first day at school! Big baby... not that i remember of course

i spent the whole 5 hours worrying about them! lol

Glad things went well - they will settle in soon.

I've got this to come. Erin is starting with a childminder 3 days a week at the beginning of Jan. She is going for a taster session on Wednesday: 9.00am till 12.00pm. I hope she will be ok.

Awww,I think we were all clinging to our parents for the first day,he'll enjoy it :hugs:

I'm glad it went well, i'm not sure if i'll go the childminder or nursery route but i mant to go back to work by feb.

Aww bless pleased it went ok.

The kids were good but how did you do? lol Ilm dreading first day at nursery already :(

xxx

sounds like a brillaint first day! well done ryhs and fifon.

how did u find it tezzy x

well i spent the whole 5 hours worried sick and wanting to call the nursery every 5 minutes to check to see if they were ok. i had a headache within an hour and couldnt even drink a cup of tea through fear of throwing up.

pathetic i know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->