The Kiwi Burrow (NZ BnBers!)

Larkspur

Reaction score
Hello fellow Kiwis!

There seems to be a few of us out there, so I thought that I would dig out a cosy little nest for us all to huddle up in on this chilly night!

Wannabe Kiwis welcome too!

Kia Ora!

Wish my baby would sleep but wish I could get off B&B when he does!!i

Kiwi here, living in Ireland though :( wish I could move home!

Hello all, and welcome! I've just woken up to a very chilly, rainy morning... Fortunately I am burrowed down under the duvet while OH is up with LO (and I can hear him doing the dishes, bless him). What's everyone up to today?

Morning :) we had an average day, oh was off since he worked Sat. Its his day off so he lazes about, i went to a bf baby group in the morning, went supermarket shopping and have done washing in the afternoon. Chloe is in bed and I am contemplating running a bath!

I am awaiting my Plunkett visit visit at 9am when hopefully I can get some answers on how to help my baby sleep!!

Only on this thread would anyone know what Plunkett is!

Ah, you have a seven-month appointment, I just had my nine-month one yesterday. If they haven't given you a bathmat, ask for one, they're great!!

What's your baby's sleep pattern? If it helps, my baby has been a shocking sleeper since four months but is coming right and doing longer stretches/dropping night feeds all of his own accord without any changes from me.

Haha yep I have called the hv here a plunket nurse before and people look at me like I have gone mad! :) speaking of which...I'm trying to think of ways to pass on my kiwi heritage to Chloe since it looks like we won't ever move back to NZ. Oh is Irish and will not budge. At the moment she is small so we read hairy mclairy books, and I sing her songs that I remember from school, and I use words like gumboots and puku, but I don't feel like its enough. Any ideas for me??

Ah, didn't read your post until after the visit or I defintley would have requested said bathmat! His sleeping is awful, in the night he is up every two hours like clockwork...am too exhausted to continue like this. She has referred me to Mothercraft which is a place in Hamilton where you stay there with baby monday till friday and they help you. A last resort but feel happy to have some kind of plan in place..
Ah, you have a seven-month appointment, I just had my nine-month one yesterday. If they haven't given you a bathmat, ask for one, they're great!!

What's your baby's sleep pattern? If it helps, my baby has been a shocking sleeper since four months but is coming right and doing longer stretches/dropping night feeds all of his own accord without any changes from me.

I just thought I would drop in and say hello as we are planning on moving to NZ next year and it would be nice to have fellow mums to chat to.

Welcome :) you will love it here, I moved from Manchester to NZ almost four years ago and its an amazing place to live and bring up baba's :)
I just thought I would drop in and say hello as we are planning on moving to NZ next year and it would be nice to have fellow mums to chat to.

Welcome :) you will love it here, I moved from Manchester to NZ almost four years ago and its an amazing place to live and bring up baba's :)

That's great to hear. In fact I have never heard anyone say a bad word about the place.
Cant wait to get over there!

Oh, welcome (haere mai) in advance! I didn't realise some of the NZers here were expats, maybe we could do a little intro session!

Any NZers still reading this? My husband and I are desperately trying to move to NZ. We are both teachers, so getting over there is TOUGH!!! Sooooo many things to do to teach over there. We'd both be happy just living there and eventually getting back into the classrooms, but we just can't figure out a way to get there. Any advice?

We want out of Chicago and the US. Have heard NOTHING but great things about NZ and would LOVE to raise our twins there! Ugh...#dreamingbig

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->