The Lister vs. ARGC... which one??

BabyDancing13

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm 9dp5dt and got a stark white BFN today on a First Response. I know myself that this FET hasn't worked, and i'm just waiting it out to the end. :wacko:

We are going to take a break to recover physically, emotionally, and financially, and will change clinic in the New Year. :happydance:

I was wondering, for those of you who have used The Lister and ARGC in London, which clinic you choose and why? These are the two we have narrowed our choice down too. :thumbup:

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank You. :flower::flower:

Oh BabyD I am so sorry :cry: I really thought this was your time and so sad for you. Is there any chance that this could change or do you 'just know'?

I cant offer you any advice on the clinics but I wanted to say I am pleased to hear after everything you have been through you will continue to fight for what you so deserve. You are getting good embryos there must be a reason why these are not resulting in a pregnancy and I hope you find your answers.

big hugs :hugs:

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that. You are having such a tough time.
I went to the Lister and had my little girl who is now 3. I had one frozen embryo left and used that a few years later but we were unsuccessful. We have now moved to Scotland but I definitely would have used them again. I've since had to use a clinic in Scotland.

We were previously at The Bridge but I just didn't rate them. As soon as I went into the Lister I felt much more positive about things. We had our consultation and then went straight to get the meds for IVF so everything happened quickly.

Sorry I'm not really answering your question, and I'm sure you have done this, but I would compare stats and think about how you are going to get to the clinic.

The negatives of the Lister are sometimes you are waiting about a bit as it can get really busy. But if I ever phoned with a question I was always called back promptly and I felt they were very professional.

Good luck with your decision and I hope all your dreams come true.

Hi BabyDancing,

Really sorry to hear your FET didn't work. I'm just about to start my 2nd cycle at the Lister. I've only had two appointments so far, but have been really impressed. The consultant spent so much time with us going through everything in great detail, answering my millions of questions and talking through our different options. I had my first cycle with the NHS and the two experiences could not be more different!

On the downside as mk4 says it does get busy and you can end up waiting around. Although I have to say I don't really mind that as I know it's just because they don't rush you during your appointment. Take a book just in case!! :coffee:

Our other choice was argc too, but after our appointment at Lister we didn't visit any other clinics.

Good Luck :flower:

Pinkie - Thank you. It was another BFN today at 10dp5dt and I know AF has been holding back for about a week now and just needs to hurry up and get it over with. I really think the radiotherapy I had when younger has damaged quality of my eggs. I am hoping the Lister will do more testing and give me some answers. I am rooting for you xx

mk4 thank you. From what i've read, The Lister seems to be a more experienced and established clinic with lots of expertise in different areas and we are leaning more towards going there. Just need to let ourselves have a break, give my poor body some time to get back in good health, and save up a bit. ;) x

Jaybo thank you. I am hoping to have a better experience than on the NHS and glad you feel it is better at The Lister. I know it's going to cost us a hec of a alot more money, but we can at least give it a shot and say we tried. Wishing you lots of luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->