The Milk Truck

OmarsMum

Reaction score
I saw a report about it on the news today:

https://www.themilktruck.org/Home.html

:flower:

Haha that is definitely awesome! What a great idea! I am from Pittsburgh area and have shared this with all my 'Burgh mommas!

I'm from around the Pittsburgh Area too! :D Saw this on the news one day & thought it was one of the most creative ideas!

I can't read much about it as the map is covering the whole page lol... not working right for me! What is it exactly?

its ashame there even needs to be one though!

Oh okay, it's like a breastfeeding mobile room?

I agree, but I think it's more for mommas who don't feel comfortable breastfeeding in public :flower:

thats not what they say on their website.

'And yes, there’s a reason for making The Milk Truck - to create a mobile breastfeeding unit that allows mothers to feed their babies in places where they have been discouraged - restaurants, shopping malls, public spaces, etc. Babies should be able to eat anywhere. And everywhere.'

Awe... yeah, I wish we didn't need one, but I am so glad they did it!

^ Exactly what I meant. Sure that may not be the reason they created it but perhaps some mothers still use it to feel more comfortable ... like my SIL for example, she BF's but doesn't feel comfortable doing so in public. Everyone is different & feels different about BF in public, this including BF's themselves ... I think the Milk Truck is great for women like my SIL & for all other BF mommies for that matter. I agree there shouldn't be any apprehension about BF in public, as I support it fully.

I agree, but I think it's more for mommas who don't feel comfortable breastfeeding in public :flower:

thats not what they say on their website.

'And yes, there’s a reason for making The Milk Truck - to create a mobile breastfeeding unit that allows mothers to feed their babies in places where they have been discouraged - restaurants, shopping malls, public spaces, etc. Babies should be able to eat anywhere. And everywhere.'

In the mall, I just go to the dressing room where you try on clothes to breastfeed.

I actually saw something really cool in a mall at mine & DH's last duty station .. they had made a nursing room for moms to breastfeed their children .. I thought it was really cool! I had never seen something like that before.

Its nice for woman that are uncomfortable breastfeeding in public but I wish it wasn't needed (i.e. I wish all breastfeeding mothers would feel comfortable and safe to nurse in public and public attitudes towards it would be positive rather than negative)

Don't get breastfeeding rooms in the shopping centres here. I used to sit in dressing rooms or some corner out of the way but now I don't bother, I just sit on the nearest chair/bench and feed.

I just BF wherever too. usually go get a coffee or something and BF there but have BFd on benches in the middle of malls.

Here NIP is very common, you see a fully covered mum bfing in public & no one gives her a second look. They feed in parks, malls & any public areas. We have my mum on tape bfing my brother in a park while chatting with her friends & that was 17 years back :)

I wish everyone could be fully acceptive of it. My SIL was BF'ing my niece in the park one day & someone came up to her & said "I would really appreciate it if you didn't expose yourself in front of my children & everyone else." That's what made her not comfortable doing it anymore (My niece was like 2 weeks old at the time) :nope: Hell, I bottle feed in public ... why can't a mother breastfeed in public? I don't understand why it's such a taboo subject ... it's a mother feeding her child :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->